diesel to petrol conversion gone wrong

k-claw71

if this is real, (and the spark plug glow plugs and drip feed of crucial new information that was missed earlier says it isnt) then it fired and ran on the diesel left in the pump, filter and lines then got worse and worse as it ended up on 100% petrol, which if you are lucky was not for long enough to do any real damage to the pump. Your 2 stoke comment just about confirms it's bullshit.

Basically you ran a diesel engine on petrol until it stopped, which is what it would do. It had extra power while it was running on petrol diesel mix, then lost it when it was dying on petrol only.

if this is all you have done to it, then you are a complete numpty.

Edited by Sausage

Why do you guys so easily presume (without even trying it yourself) that two stroke oil can do the job just fine.

Hmm well now I know it doesn't have a lambda that rules that out. I'm not sure if the lift pump is supplying enough fuel?

I know that 2 stroke works in a diesel, but you've said you've fitted a petrol engine?

I really should just not bother here,... but ok I'll bite: :Angel:

What mix of two stroke oil / petrol are you running? I assume you've worked out a suitable ratio right to protect the pump long term? :blink:

You've still explained diddly squat about ignition apart from some bullshit about glow plugs being spark plugs which they simply are not.

If you want to be taken seriously and I think you have already veered hard into the undergrowth of derision here so likely far too late for that) then you need a detailed account of what you have done to it, because so far it look's like not a lot apart from run it to a stop on petrol, and then make it up as you go along.

OK, i'll spoon feed you the answer then...

You're using Rc glow plugs arent you. But you'll only say yes after i've told you that, not before. But it makes no difference they are still glow plugs.

Even if that is the case, you will still be up against many many other problems the least of which is a lambda sensor you seem so keen on mentioning.

Edited by Sausage

OK guys, not sure why I'm getting flamed so bad here.

One I have no idea what rc glow plugs are nor am I 100% on how the current plugs have been set up, what I do know is that there's a few relays and a mess of wires in the corner of the bay that has some thing to do with it.

On the two stroke oil front I wasn't really sure how much it would need so I just banged in all 4 250ml bottles to my around 15L of petrol in the tank. Seems to me to be far onto the safe side.

The reason I keep mentioning the lambda is that I no petrols need one but I currently don't have one.

Tbh you'd be better getting whoever did the work to explain on here, there's no point you asking us for advice on such a bizarre project when you're not sure of what's been done or how it's been put together. We can't suggest owt if we don't know how it's been done.

Your getting flamed because you have put petrol in a Diesel engine and are asking why it stopped working?

You drove 2 miles at which point the remaining diesel already in the system ran out, the petrol entered the engine and it stopped working. Simplz......you broke it

I suggest you undo the work you have done and hope no permanent damage has been done

Edited by wehey

Try some nitro fuel, it's about £25 a gallon, but your car might run on it. :P:lol:

It wont run on 2 stroke petrol how you have done it. (if you have done it that is)

or a cheaper option is to put some diesel back in it and make the glow plugs work like they normally do, which is not at all unless it's cold enough.

Edited by Sausage