interior covers

Lewiss_Lupo

Wondered if anyone can help me, i very recently got a blue lupo for my 17th birthday, i love the car and im just hoping i dont have too many problems.

Anyway, to the point... the cloth interior is fabulous and very clean but i noticed my gear stick cover is leather with blue stitching and it doesnt feel right having most other parts in the grey cloth.

I had a look around on Ebay and came across: front door cards, rear door cards, speedometer cover, handbrake cover and door handles all leather with blue stitching.

I will try and get some pictures up so you can get a better idea of them.

I was wondering if anyone has had previous experience with them and could tell me if its worth buying them?

thanks, Lewis. :)

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo

its a good job i am a patient person then! :thumbup: and i may sound a bit stupid here but if you dont mind me asking... what part is the 'Binnacle'? :doh:

ahh right! :thumbsup: thinking about it i do like it as it is, was also thinking of spraying the centre console in gloss black? and if i like it enough the air vents too? the binnacle part looks to have been removed before had it because it isnt fitted correctly to the rest of the dash! :( not sure if it is easy to sort but i may take it out then try again! :thumbup:

Its two screws if my memory serves me correctly, located upside down in each bump, a torque bit, the star shaped one incase you didn't know, and then it lifts off I think and there is a second one like a frame underneath, the vents gloss black look good.

I'll give that a shot soon then, probably in the next couple of weeks after i get settled into college again! :thumbsup:

I dont think i've seen a lupo with gloss black air vents but i've seen one with gloss black centre console!

Was also considering a new stereo, any recommendations?something that isnt too much but is decent! preferably in blue?

yes i do have the original stereo in! i love music but never really thought about changing the stereo! :tongueout:

this is what i meant about the binnacle part coming away from the rest of the dash! :ouch:

image.jpg3_zpsyanm5d0o.jpg

and the other side...

image.jpg4_zpsmn5jra6n.jpg is it meant to be like that or am i correct in thinking it has been tinkered with? :/

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo

Nah that's pretty standard nothing to worry about

Oh thats all good then! :D will be coming off to be sprayed soon hopefully! :)

Or. If you don't want the hastle of retriming the panels. I have a full leather interior for sal

when you say full leather, do you mean seats and rear bench? how much you asking? i have sort of a tight budget right now! :(

yes pictures would be good too? :)

Edited by Lewiss_Lupo

when you say full leather, do you mean seats and rear bench? how much you asking? i have sort of a tight budget right now! :(

yes pictures would be good too? :)

Yes. I am talking full leather. Door cards, seats and rear bench. I am asking £400 but I am willing to listen to offers. See below link.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/101601-vw-lupo-leather-interior/

think i've decided to re do it myself! just hope it all goes smoothly, anyone got any tips? :)

A quick question for anyone who sees this thread.

Have any of you ever trimmed your own seats?

was a little bit jealous of my mums seats in her Nissan Note as she has leather on the sides! :closedeyes:

As i dont have enough money to get myself new seats i thought i might just have a go at doing my own? :)

Yeah, thats what i thought, when i got them all together it came to around £120.

If thats the case then i'd rather do it myself, even if i make a bit of a mess! :thumbsup:

Yeah, thats what i thought, when i got them all together it came to around £120.

If thats the case then i'd rather do it myself, even if i make a bit of a mess! :thumbsup:

I have some really old tatty interior parts that I picked up for cheap from a wreckers yard that I've been to wrap for ages. Haven't had chance. Maybe I will have a go one weekend. Don't forget you need plenty of fabric glue. Trim Fix is what most people use.

I have some really old tatty interior parts that I picked up for cheap from a wreckers yard that I've been to wrap for ages. Haven't had chance. Maybe I will have a go one weekend. Don't forget you need plenty of fabric glue. Trim Fix is what most people use.

i'll look it up! thanks! :)