Newbie question

bradderz

Hi Im bradderz and new to the forum,Ive just got Myself a 1,4 Sport in black.It needs a new alternator and I wondered if any one can tell Me if its possible to replace the regulator with out removing the alternator from the car? Im hoping for a cheap and quick easy fix,Thanks Guys

Hmmm I can see I am going to ave to give it a go to satisfy every ones curiosity.The existing alternator is a Boche BR14MO 70 AMP.Are any others compatable or does it ave to be like for like? ie will a 90 amp be OK ?

like for like is alway safer and easier there is less to go wrong, I don't thnk you can get access to the regulator without taking the alternator out TBH A regulator won't fix a faulty alternator, normally the regulator fails because of a short in the alternator windings.

Euro car parts had a bank holiday weekend sale on with 60% off everything, not sure if its still on but they will probably be your cheapest option if your buying a new one. Just tap your reg in and the site does all the hard work for you :)

the 60% only applies to junk they want rid of mainly trinkets not parts, its 10% but only if you have a code; GSF is an option too using code CLUB25 to get 25% off but their starting price is often higher than ECPs

I think they have a sale on batteries at moment.OK it is a lion which dont have a great reputation but its still got a 3 year guarantee same as any others.At that price Id buy a Lion every 3 years

ahh I stayed away from lion but not because they're bad. They weren't much cheaper but were lower amp hours.

Yeah a mate told Me once He cut open a Lion battery.Inside were 7 lead plates.Other batteries have 9 hence the lack of power.

wouldn't know. Just remember they were 58mah whereas the next one was 64mah and a very good make. Think there was a £10 difference. Worth it if you ask me.