Lupo GTi gearbox issues

I know this topic can get dragged around back and forth, but I still can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a slight issue with my gearbox at the moment, I have a slight leak which I can see from my passenger wheel (looking from) could it be a gasket? How many gaskets do the gearbox have? Is it a relatively an easy job..?

Any help appreciated I'm kinda stuck!!

Thankyou

They don't have any gaskets, VW use a sealant AMV 188 200 03 which retails at a whopping £62.35 inc vat for 100g!

post-795-0-99698200-1438932751_thumb.jpg

Probably the end plate that is leaking. Mine had the same problem. Took my gearbox guy a couple of goes to get it to seal, even using the proper VW sealant which he showed to me. It's a good opportunity to get the oil in there replaced too.

Really? I was hoping it would be that to be honest! I changed the gear box oil about 2 years ago and the oil is coming out clear, which I believe is a good sign...? Thanks for your help!

They don't have any gaskets, VW use a sealant AMV 188 200 03 which retails at a whopping £62.35 inc vat for 100g!

only a sealant?! Do they have any seals to replace?