Lupo/Arosa TDI Driveshaft body diameter

Hey guys,

Did a search for this problem but basically as Lupo and Arosa TDI drive shafts are as rare as rocking horse ****, or expensive from the stealers, i've found a seller on ebay for the Lupo TDI. But he has sent me this message:

Hello

There seems to be a choice of 2 on this depending on the body diameter of the shaft. You either have 90mm body dia or 108mm body diameter, We need to know this in order to determine which one you require.

Regards

This is for the passenger side front driveshaft. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well no idea what body diameter refers to as i just went out and measured my tdi passenger inner joint for you and it's about 70mm on the joint body, the flange didnt seem to match those figures ether unless they are flange pcd figures maybe?

I assume you dont have one to measure?

Well no idea what body diameter refers to as i just went out and measured my tdi passenger inner joint for you and it's about 70mm on the joint body, the flange didnt seem to match those figures ether unless they are flange pcd figures maybe?

I assume you dont have one to measure?

Thanks for that bud. Unfortunately my car is about 50 miles away, so I haven't got access to it. But really appreciate it. My friend said it could be the ends where it bolts on to the gearbox? Is that what you meant?

Just tried again in the engine bay with vernier callipers, joint body near gearbox is 72mm, flange outer diameter is difficult to measure as the callipers arent deep enough to give a nice easy reading on the big flange but it looks like about 102mm after several goes at it.

you need someone with a spare shaft to measure ....

• 4 weeks later...

The 085 gearbox has a drive flange diameter of 90mm according to spec sheets.

the TDI doesnt use the 085 gearbox afaik, so that leaves the 108mm option. I have a TDI with 02T box and the flanges are noticeably bigger than the ones on an 085 gearbox.

So i'm guessing he's asking what gearbox you have, an 085 or the 02T in a roundabout way.