No, headunit's only have so much power to draw from that's why they top out at what they do.

:doh: Of course, DBlock is correct, I don't know why I didn't think of that. The wiring to the head unit is pretty low amperage for audio in general. Why else do people run heavy accessory cables to run their amps etc? Brain freeze.

Really, the only difference is the quality of amp and post-processing, but power wise? No, not a chance.

:doh: Of course, DBlock is correct, I don't know why I didn't think of that. The wiring to the head unit is pretty low amperage for audio in general. Why else do people run heavy accessory cables to run their amps etc? Brain freeze.

Really, the only difference is the quality of amp and post-processing, but power wise? No, not a chance.

Lol don't worry about if I used to think the same.

Is your Chinese one still going? Or did you have to fix it and that's why you had it open?

Generally the main things with a headunit is what type of source it's giving your amp so dacs and signal to noise etc come into it. This is when it gts expensive lol. Alpine f1, high end clarion and pioneer and nakamichi etc.

But main problem is people using 128kb or lower mp3. 192kb is the minimum id use and 320 is preferable. Really though which is annoying is we should all just use Flac. I don't really use it as it's hard to come by and what headunits support it but considering how fast internet is now it's strange we cling to mp3.

Lol don't worry about if I used to think the same.

Is your Chinese one still going? Or did you have to fix it and that's why you had it open?

Generally the main things with a headunit is what type of source it's giving your amp so dacs and signal to noise etc come into it. This is when it gts expensive lol. Alpine f1, high end clarion and pioneer and nakamichi etc.

But main problem is people using 128kb or lower mp3. 192kb is the minimum id use and 320 is preferable. Really though which is annoying is we should all just use Flac. I don't really use it as it's hard to come by and what headunits support it but considering how fast internet is now it's strange we cling to mp3.

Sorry, missed your reply.

Yep, it's still going and I reckon it's probably 3 years old now, which is funny considering all the scaremongering on the Internet will have you believe they die in about a week. I've had three now, and none of them have died. Two I sold because I didn't like them for different reasons. This one, I've stuck with and I like. It's all **** that they all die within a week, it's just the very limited number that do die, people go ape **** on the net because there's no recourse (almost impossible to get your money back). Big name stereos die too, but you get a warranty.

The reason I had it open was because the SD card slot stopped working a day or two after I got it. The suggestion online is that putting in and removing SD cards causes the k-clips inside to open and then the ribbon cable comes out. Sure thing, I opened it and the ribbon cable had fallen out. Plugged back in, K-Clip down and added just a small piece of electrical tape. Been fine since.

Agree on the MP3 bitrate, but the reason people don't use flac is space. FLAC is uncompressed.... well not entirely, true, it's lossless with some limited compression, but really, they're big files. You can fit many more MP3's on.

We cling to MP3 due to storage, as opposed to speed.

That's fair enough. If your handy with electronic then I suppose it's not to bad.

That is true but if we started using Flac demand for storage would increase and it would become cheaper over time. Also I know this isn't the case for everyone but if you have unlimited 4g on your phone then streaming Flac should at least be an option.

I remember a guy who used to use a yourube to mp3 converter on low quality videos, then he connected his phone via the tape deck adapter and turned it up. He thought it sounded great. It was painful for me. But I suppose it's what your used to or maybe some people can hear it and others can't.

That's fair enough. If your handy with electronic then I suppose it's not to bad.

That is true but if we started using Flac demand for storage would increase and it would become cheaper over time. Also I know this isn't the case for everyone but if you have unlimited 4g on your phone then streaming Flac should at least be an option.

I remember a guy who used to use a yourube to mp3 converter on low quality videos, then he connected his phone via the tape deck adapter and turned it up. He thought it sounded great. It was painful for me. But I suppose it's what your used to or maybe some people can hear it and others can't.

Wow YouTube to MP3. Nasty.

I do YouTube to MP3 more than I'd like as I tend to listen to a lot of either obscure early 90s hardcore which was only released on vinyl, or bootleg remixes of songs. Quality really depends on the upload, some are very decent but others you get a muddy bass from the sub that drowns everything else out!

To be honest I'd say the worse quality ones sound better through a tape deck adaptor as it doesn't tend to highlight the poor quality signal so much...

I do YouTube to MP3 more than I'd like as I tend to listen to a lot of either obscure early 90s hardcore which was only released on vinyl, or bootleg remixes of songs. Quality really depends on the upload, some are very decent but others you get a muddy bass from the sub that drowns everything else out!

To be honest I'd say the worse quality ones sound better through a tape deck adaptor as it doesn't tend to highlight the poor quality signal so much...

Yeah, the problem with YouTube though is it compresses music far too much for my liking.

What bitrate is a 720p or 1080p video audio?

That sounds weird in the hd option what is the audio bitrate?

no idea on YouTube. But they like to compress quite a lot.