Lupo 1.7 SDI Power steering problem

lupo_crush

Good evening all,

Pretty new to the whole forum thing but have been amazed by all the knowledge on Club Lupo.

Now I need some help.

I have a 2001 SDI with about 80,000 on the clock.

Problems

1. Power steering only works going right. I have topped up the fluid and tried to bleed the system but still no luck. Going left is much harder working against the pump. Turing right is not smooth it feels like it jolts and the power steering kicks in. I would love to tell you how it started but i lent my car to a friend as his car was in the garage being fixed and got it back like this.

If there is anyone local to me (Salisbury Wiltshire) that has good knowledge of this to help. I have a few more smaller issues to fix along the way so this list may be added to.

Hope someone can help.

Kind of sounds like the universal joint although it could be your cv joints I guess. Check the boots on the cv joints to begin with.

Kind of sounds like the universal joint although it could be your cv joints I guess. Check the boots on the cv joints to begin with.

Thanks Skezza,

You seem to be the go to guy for SDI's. I will try and take a look. Will I need a ramp or are they easily accessible under the car? What do i need to check for?