Intermittent drivers electric window

mark291162

Hello

I recently picked up a Lupo 1.4e and have been battling a number of electrical gremlins. So far, have had to replace all coil packs, traced a strange brake light issue where the lights come on, on their own (broken switch on pedal), and wind screen washer not working.

The latest challenge is with the drivers side electric window. When I got the car it went up and down smoothly, but lately, when I press the button it will only go down (and up) a few inches a time - takes about 4 presses to make it go all the way down. Sometimes it doesn't move at all so worried it might pack up altogether.

Any one out there got any ideas? Thinking not likely to be the motor as it wouldn't move at all? If so, is it the switch? If so, how do I get that out? - it looks like it should prise out but things are seldom that simple...?

Anyway - any advice gratefully received :)

Mark

To access the switch remove the upper door panel. Prise the door grab handle cover off and undo the two screws beneath. Then the upper door card will pull off. You can disconnect or push through the switches from below.

Disconnect one switch and try the other, then visa-versa. If either of them works with other disconnected then you know which one is faulty. If it still doesn't work then might be part of the mechanism