Lupo GTI repair

christophertr6

• 3 weeks later...

So to end the story. Just collected the GTI from the paint shop. They have lost to P from Lupo & didn't put the GTI badge back on the back but overall I'm happy with the finish.

P1100174.thumb.JPG.d8cd1f0467aabb2c372fd

Need to clean the dust out, black the tyres & grill but she's done.

P1100177.thumb.JPG.e5dbafce4828b278ce1d6

P1100172.thumb.JPG.4c6b70e75b044a5e6ce44

One thing - I picked the car up from the spray shop and the remote key worked fine. Got home and it just stopped working. Will start the car fine but no locking etc. Its a new battery in the plip. The other one works fine, and I have tried the recoding procedure from here & you tube but doesn't work. Mystified. Any clues out there?

Did a tot up of the cost of this project. If I exclude the spare bits that I have bought & will re sell, the costs add up to just over £4,500 including the car purchase. So I reckon I have a nice 70,000 miler on a late plate for about the right money.

£4500 sounds like a great price, granted you've put a hell of a lot of time and effort into it but this is such a pleasing thread, real labour of love and a tribute to the Lupo GTI imho! 

Mine doesn't have Lupo on the back either which I don't mind but I think I'd miss it not saying GTI, to paraphrase Skinner from The Simpsons "that's how you know it's a GTI!"

• Like 1

Has anyone got a spare "P"? or Lupo badge?. I know its common to de badge then but I want mine as standard as possible. VW cant supply one and the passed me to VW Heritage......who couldn't supply one. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Can't you buy individual letters from Halfrauds? I'll have a look and see if I can find one, I used to have two Lupo badges on mine like a Lupo crossword!

• Like 1

Life.....whats it all about eh? Picked up my Lupo badge today - good thing. Went a couple places and returned home to find n/s headlight nozzle & cover cap have launched themselves somewhere on the M25. I suspect the spray shop damage a delicate bit on the washer body so the nozzle was not retained. So pissed off. They were new bits from VW and cost around £40 - and I had the cover sprayed. OK in the scheme of things its not too big a problem, but just when I could stop "doing" and start driving. Any body got a spare nozzle & N/S cover?