GTI Brake Conversion

Good afternoon,

Having some issues with my front camber and tracking after changing my hubs to GTI ones. Fitted 17" wheels which are way out alignment wise... The toe is the main problem as after having the alignment checked they are saying that they have no more adjustment on the track rod ends and it seems as the steering is in the "wrong place?"

Even the camber is out and I have fitted camber bolts to rectify this although they don't appear to be moving the hub at all when the bolt is turned.

Is it a case of replacing pretty much all of my steering rack to GTI including ARB, wishbones, ball joints, driveshafts, track rods and ends etc.

Thanks for any advice!

The GTI ball joints are different to Non-GTI ball joints.

I changed them on my GTI and I fitted bog standard Lupo items from GSF. When I put it back together my wheels were towing in MAJORLY, even with the track rod ends at full adjustment.

So it sounds to me like you have the wrong ball joint, but you have not stated which one you have used, but whatever ball joints you HAVE used, try using the opposite. I.e. GTI & Non-GTI

I'm pretty sure the bottom arm (wishbone) is the same regardless of model.

GTI ball joints are VW only parts and are about £50 for a pair iirc. Plus they take a while to order as they are direct from Wolfsburg.

Thanks Cooper,

Sorry forgot to mention, I have only changed the hubs to GTI ones. Everything else has remained the same for a 1.4 75bhp incl. ball joints etc.

Hopefully a set of GTI ball joints will solve my problem then.