First Car!!

FSASjosh

Hey all!! after taking lessons for about a year now, i'm almost there for my test, got my theory booked for 13th and then when I pass that i'm going straight to tale my test!! But 3 weeks ago my dad texted me saying he found a lupo on ebay, and having a good look to it, and £1050 less he bought me it!! And i've already done a few things to it but I can't seem to add pics here ao i'm going to do it another timee! Any advice you can give me about modding cars just after i've passed or going insurance advice please comment i'd love to hear some good tips!!

As i only passed in december, try & keep your mods subtle, the first things i did was stubby aerial, debadged & grommited to back wiper as there cheap but affective, ive put g60 steels on mine as there stamped vw & could get away with being originals, if you were to lower it lower it so its gti kinda height, no point it scraping as thats when it gets noticed... Good luck!

Edited by LupoJud

Nice first car.

40mm lowering springs and some OE wheels, from a 4x100 VW.

Depends on budget, but there are some pretty nice OE wheels which suit the Lupo.

Polo GTI BBS RXII are 2 piece splits and look nice on a Lupo as do BBS RA443.

Spend your first year or two getting it clean and loving it.

Im on a black box with ingenie As i only passed in december, try & keep your mods subtle, the first things i did was stubby aerial, debadged & grommited to back wiper as there cheap but affective, ive put g60 steels on mine as there stamped vw & could get away with being originals, if you were to lower it lower it so its gti kinda height, no point it scraping as thats when the police notice... Good luck!

For someone living in Asia your English is very good.

Hey thanks for the tips guys! I'm in need of a bit of money and I think after that i'm going to buy some decent alloys but I'm just unsure about lowering it because the excess cost to declare it, but hopefully that will get sorted soon enough, next thing i'm doing is reapholster some of the shabby grey parts, but I think a new gear stick is needed as the leather loojs a bit **** and it's scratched, any idea what sticks can fit???

You can get a knob and gaiter combo off eBay for about £15 new genuine item. I got one for mine. I think its leather knob with a vinyl boot. Comfier than the standard lupo item

You just lift up the gaiter to find a metal clip, snap it off with pliers pull knob up and it's done

Fit new one and squeeze the new clip tight. No need to replace the stick.