wanting to buy an 8mm spacer, what bolts do i need?

Jason Kimmings

hello, so im looking at buying some new rims (Axe ex8's) they have a 30mm offsett so im looking for an 8mm spacer to get the rims back to standard fitment. does anyone know where i can get longer bolts or if i even need to get any?

thanks, Jason

At a guess you'll want 8mm longer bolts.

Don't go too long though as they'll go through your rear drums and foul the brake mech.

Remember your OE bolts are curved seat and you'll likely need conical for the after market wheels.

Ask about bolts when you buy the spacers.

At a guess you'll want 8mm longer bolts.

Don't go too long though as they'll go through your rear drums and foul the brake mech.

Remember your OE bolts are curved seat and you'll likely need conical for the after market wheels.

Ask about bolts when you buy the spacers.

thanks for the help, do you know the factory bolt length??

You really need to have the wheels and spacers before buying your bolts, because as well as the additional length for the spacers you may need additional length because the alloys are thicker at the mating\bolting area.

When you put the bolt through the wheel and the spacer: the amount protruding should be equal to the diameter of the threaded section of the bolt.

Remember also, if you intend on carrying the original steel spare, you will need a set of suitable bolts with it as the longer ones will foul the brakes on the back.

Google says: std bolt is 23.5mm threaded length

Axe ex8's are 8 inch wide therefore taking the offset to standard 38 the wheels will still be 1.5" wider than your standard wheels based on GTi wheels (i'm not sure how wide the 1.0 wheels are 5.5"?) so it may be better to try them without spacers given that they will stick out way further than your standard wheels. They may foul the arch without spacer never mind with an extra 8mm.

Just my opinion mind.

• Like 1