1.4 TDI Boost gauge

First of all sounds like and looks like a really top job

Right just a quick one ive always wanted a boost guage and dump valve so was gonna have a 1.4tdi but ive never heard a nice throaty sounding turbo diesel so can you make them as loud as a petrol with an exhust etc or do lupos/arosas need high revs to sound nice therefore ruling out disels as you cant rev them hard

Also carter is that your car in your sig or is it your dream car

• 4 weeks later...

Its his and its one of the best shoe box cars around biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

pisses all over mine sideways sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Diesels can sound quite nice, however... Dump valve on a TD is just gona kill your power.

i've just put a BMC filter element and Sebring exhaust on mine today and it sounds rather nice.

Trip to newcastle on sunday should help me run the exhaust in...

When moving nowhere if you rev it lightly you get a nice low burbly tone, and when you rev reasonably high you can hear a wierd kind of scrapeing sound which seems to be something to do with the turbo.

When moving (or under load) the exhaust sounds really well, but nowhere near as loud as a petrol version would.

• 6 years later...