Suspension help!

Deanb96

I have FK AK Streets. They're okay, only slightly more expensive than JOM coilovers. Still wish I waited a little longer and invested in some AP's though :)

Define better, you really think it would be better on a bumpy back road?

or in the wet. I bet it's like bambi on ice.

Lisa, I think you're crazy fitting cheap **** coilies to a GTI. I get the whole attraction for 1.0 etc but on a GTI? Madness

I am only fitting JOMs as a temporary measure to get mine through the MOT, as my 80k Ap's are ****ed! As soon as I can afford it, AP's will be going back on, as they have been fantastic.

I am only fitting JOMs as a temporary measure to get mine through the MOT, as my 80k Ap's are ****ed! As soon as I can afford it, AP's will be going back on, as they have been fantastic.

Certainly not as a full-time solution.

To be fair though, I hardly drive the Lupo anymore, she's not my daily anymore, so for the time being I bought cheap. I've not fitted them yet, but I'm expecting a bad back soon!

Mine will not be slammed, I like to be able to actually drive it! I bought them because they are cheap and my coilovers are knackered, and even with staff discount, its cheaper than buying OEM shocks and springs!

I agree that most people only seem to buy them so that the car is sitting on the floor tho....

• Like 2

Please note I'm not against joms. If they are ok for the price great. I just don't like they way they are used to "slam" it.

Cheap coilies aren't bad when driven at a reasonable ride height. I know plenty of guys who have put cheap coilies on to replace knackered OEM, and so long as they're run at a normal ride height (or perhaps slightly lower) then they're fine, but that's the point. They seem to be the universal key to slam the **** off your car and there's just too many reasons that I don't like slammed cars.

• Like 1