build thread lupo 1.4 sport

the-lowpo

iv owned this car now for about a month , iv done quite a bit already but i decided i should keep myself a record of everything iv done and see if it gathers any interest on hear.

IMG_1017_zpsopnmkrgt.jpgIMG_1019_zpsc8mxryyi.jpgIMG_1018_zpscjfwiaoy.jpg
front back and side

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-04%20at%2010.14.

first thing to be swapped out was the original interior , sadly i don't have any pics of it in my new black 1.4 sport but iv done an interior swap on my green 1.0 interior so it in there now will post a pic of how it used to look .

they are mk4 golf GTI recaros re-trimmed in brown tan leather . the standard rear seats have been covered to swell as the door cards which have been stitched . the spedo covers and A and C pillar covers have also been done . the headliner has been done in suede and all grab handles and the interior light surround in black with an LED bulb .

speaker surrounds need painting black but they are alpine type r's , i really rate these speakers , give great quality audio . i need to wire an amp to them to get the most out of them. but the headunit is running them fine at the moment . i have a vibe 1800w peak sub in the boot with a vibe 800w amp running 1 6x9 which is more than enough in something lupo size , well it is for me ... audio quality is great and with the gain controller mounted just under the coin / drinks tray , adjusting the levels for different genre's of music is piece of piss.

Edited by the-lowpo

IMG_0027_zps0yay019o.jpg

got myself some orange tape and on the cheap tapped the air feed pipe up , i think it looks better than standard tho , also i bought some orange wire wrap to make the bay look little bit more colourful and to follow on with the orange theme .

also the lights have been swapped out for the ones with black centres and i have removed the wrap on the badge and front wing .

Edited by the-lowpo

IMG_0039_zpskddqyjo0.jpg

sprayed the engine and belt cover white , iv done this as i thought it might look quite good and also if/when i spray it orange its a much better backing colour .

also spent a bit of time trying to polish the exhaust manifold cover , its better than it was but by no means perfect .

also i cleaned the EGR valve (wasn't to bad ) and the bmc air filter . the inside of the filter was caked with oil and various other bits of leaf and stick . iv contemplated buying an oli catch tank , can anyone recommend me getting one ? i know its a NA engine but i still think there may be a need for one .

Edited by the-lowpo

DSC02656_zpsugbtrazr.jpg

got some Cambridge rear lights for my honey and also did the wiper delete as it looks much cleaner , going to be ordering some pressed plates soon . also as i like actually driving the car rather than scraping it off everything everywhere everytime you go round a corner or see a bump in the road !!! so iv got some wietch rear springs to replace the FK units . they look a bit bigger and are also bit heavier , they do seem to ride better than the FK's tho , not a huge difference . i want some really uprated / possibly adjustable rear dampers as i do like to drive my car quite quick and adjustabilty would be great . also something i don't really notice at all is the swap from standard bushes in the springs to polly ones , literally no difference .

the car has been fully machine polished as well since iv attained it , so paintwork is looking pretty top job . auto finesse all the way .

Edited by the-lowpo
  • Like 1

That looks nice mate, especially the interior! :wub:

Also really glad you took the camo wrap off the front wing and filler cap, as it looks much much cleaner without and was really bugging me when I was reading through haha! ^_^

Does look really good though :D

IMG_0068_zpsyinesnw5.jpg

shot of the rear . i just got some new fronts 185 45 r15 as i was just blowing through the 165-50-r15's

pro's; more grip, less unnecessary wheel spinning, defiantly absorbs more through tire deformation making for a comfy ride.

cons - catching alittle bit more now on the arches and looks bit odd with 165's on the back and 185's on front .

• 2 months later...