Lupo Brake Light help please!!

I noticed all 3 of my brake lights have gone on my 2003 1.0 VW Lupo. So instantly thinking it's the switch. Have replaced the switch and they still don't work. Checked the fuse and they're fine. Just for good measure I replaced the bulbs and still don't work.

What else could it be??? Can anyone help?

Bit of a long shot but I once had this happen on my old MK2 Golf and one of the wires had broken where they run inside the rubber housing near to the tailgate hinge. I guess that constant opening and closing can stress the wires and it was not easy to find the problem - eventually tracked it down by checking continuity with a multimeter.

You sure it's not the switch? This is a very common problem and it's almost always the switch. Have you replaced with a cheap part or a decent part?

• 1 year later...
On 09/04/2015 at 8:22 AM, Kermit Girl said:

Bit of a long shot but I once had this happen on my old MK2 Golf and one of the wires had broken where they run inside the rubber housing near to the tailgate hinge. I guess that constant opening and closing can stress the wires and it was not easy to find the problem - eventually tracked it down by checking continuity with a multimeter.

I know this is really late but I just want to say thank you you were correct!! It was the wires in the tailgate.