Project Rally lupo!

cj1

Fitted clear film to the side windows today, took longer than I had expected! Started wiring the passenger horn button in, probably finish it later on! Got a scrutineer coming out this week so I can get the rally logbook :) 

On 14 February 2016 at 7:56 PM, Lupo675 said:

This needs ridiculously flared wheel arches, just like last year's Polo rally car. 

Cool build man! 

Haha yes that would be so good! Not a clue where I'd find some though.. Cheers!

• Like 1

Scrutineer is coming on Thirsday to logbook the car :) also entered the Roskirk stages, at Three Sisters (local circuit) on the 13th March, entry accepted, excited now it's all getting close!

10 hours ago, bogdan_wrc said:

sorry for OT:

do you know any type of tire temperature monitoring system?

Temperature, not pressure...

Not really.. I just looked on demon tweeks and there is one, but it's about £2300+VAT.. Seems a lot!

Passed the bars test! All set now for the Roskirk stages, March 13th ! Also here's a picture of the studs I got when the wheels were off, just had some new tyres fitted, went for toyo t1-r proxes 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Someone finishing touches today. Almost all set for next weekend.

After months of saying the clutch didn't feel right and was really low, we looked, turns out someone had a go at welding the usual spot , must have been blind, incorrectly welded. Anyway that's broke away and it's very close to fully breaking again. The rush is now on, pedal box out to repair it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Repaired the pedal box, strengthened the bracket and also added a captive nut and a bolt to another part of the box to relieve the stress on the original bracket. image.thumb.jpeg.03850c248008660c32c47de

First event done! Started car 52, finished 37th o/a and 4th in class, car was great! Just need to get properly used to pushing it to its limits now! 

Made up with the result :)

DSC00899.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 666DUB said:

Excellent , well done !

Cheers!

even though the car is lacking power it was very good fun, and having a lack of power will just help me learn how to carry speed through the corners , use the brakes less and ultimately go faster after an engine upgrade!

Thinking about how the car could be made faster, and the first thing is to lose even more unnecessary weight... First step tonight, 3.5kg lost from the rear crash bar going! 

image.jpeg

• Like 1