Project Rally lupo!

cj1

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last month I've gotten some new springs to fit, a heater for the windscreen, and a new battery, which is to be relocated.

I've also been thinking a lot about this forum, perhaps sharing every little detail isn't the best idea. Whilst it's interesting and I enjoy sharing details with everyone, I've seen an increase in Lupo's on the rallying scene, none of which I can see any build details for.... For now it doesn't make any sense to me to be sharing perhaps as much as I have been. 

Edited by cj1

On 07/12/2016 at 5:03 PM, WRC said:

perhaps can you put some pics of the odysse battery? please? thank you. 

what gear oil are you using in the gearbox? 

75w-90. I will message you RE battery! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matty4 said:

Is the Anderson plug for jumping if necessary? Its good to see the car is still evolving and looking to forward to what's next. ??

Yeah, with the seat in it's a bit awkward to get at the battery, so put that in just so it's really easy to connect a charger as well if needed, if car isn't being used for a while or so! 

5 hours ago, WRC said:

thanks. i forgot you had the front located battery.. so whats the size difference between the stock and odysse? 

I thought you'd forgotten! It's a lot smaller, probably about half the height and the same width. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WRC said:

i heard that you must keep it connected for a longer period..or plugged to the wall..something..

i will probably go for the Odyssey Extreme Racing 25 Battery. what type do you have? 

Ah, yes, best to keep car connected to a trickle charger. 

I have the 35. 

and 12V are ok? i have an oil temperature indicator which starts as a voltage indicator and shows 14V... 

i keep the car in a yard...with no socket connections...but i drive it at least once every 2 weeks... i am afraid not to do more damage than a stock battery :) but a 10kg weight loss on the rear...is quite impressive at this car total weight.. 

why did you chose the 35? i red that the 25 is enough. in fact also..the 20 is enough..but i wanted to be covered... 

have you tried charging the battery? can it work with usual battery chargers? 

Edited by WRC

23 hours ago, WRC said:

and 12V are ok? i have an oil temperature indicator which starts as a voltage indicator and shows 14V... 

i keep the car in a yard...with no socket connections...but i drive it at least once every 2 weeks... i am afraid not to do more damage than a stock battery :) but a 10kg weight loss on the rear...is quite impressive at this car total weight.. 

why did you chose the 35? i red that the 25 is enough. in fact also..the 20 is enough..but i wanted to be covered... 

have you tried charging the battery? can it work with usual battery chargers? 

Yes it all works fine. Regular use is fine, probably be ok!  

I chose the 35 simply because the one I had borrowed off someone was a 35 and had no troubles with it! Just to make sure there's enough capacity there, especially if running the light bar and other various little accessories :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

nice one! :( in my country there is a lot of snow and -1 degree...so pretty cold.. 

but my advice...if you want it :)

use the entire track width. in some corners you fail to touch the apex and to exit wide in order to keep the perfect track. and perhaps some gloves will help with the grip. also your hands could be better placed on the wheel. try to always have them opposed located. 

i make the same mistakes sometimes..i turn in too early and fail the apex. 

hope you dont mind i gave these pieces of advice. i went to 3 racing schools, and all of them repeated the same issues..there are very important. 

Edited by WRC

On 2/3/2017 at 2:50 PM, WRC said:

nice one! :( in my country there is a lot of snow and -1 degree...so pretty cold.. 

but my advice...if you want it :)

use the entire track width. in some corners you fail to touch the apex and to exit wide in order to keep the perfect track. and perhaps some gloves will help with the grip. also your hands could be better placed on the wheel. try to always have them opposed located. 

i make the same mistakes sometimes..i turn in too early and fail the apex. 

hope you dont mind i gave these pieces of advice. i went to 3 racing schools, and all of them repeated the same issues..there are very important. 

All advice is useful. I do have gloves, as this was more just a bit of testing and giving people a ride in the car I didn't bother to wear them! 

Thanks for the pointers, I'll try them next time! :)

• Like 1

We've got two entries in so far. 12th March, Roskirk Stages @ Three Sisters in Wigan, and 19th March Lee Holland Memorial Stages @ Anglesey Race Circuit.

Pretty excited! I also had the car weighed last week and I'm really happy with the result, within the weight restrictions for our class! 

• 1 month later...