4Cough's Lupo - SA

4Cough

15 hours ago, mk2 said:

Time deadline date?

List of new parts?

"Ideal" list of used parts (I'm due a visit to a car breakers yard soon)?

Dude You are a legend.

I need to run through all the parts I need.

The parts need to be in the mother in law's hands in Wales by 1 September so she can pack them in her luggage with no rush. Is this doable?

So far off hand I can think of an Aerial (antenna & base), driver and passenger door handles (in black), and all the little screw covers from the interior, also all in black.

Please let me know when you will be going to the breakers and if the 1st of September is doable?

Lets maybe take the conversation offline. Again, thank you so much!

20 hours ago, Rich said:

I want a South African MK2 golf carpet so I will participate in this.

Make a concise list!

Rich, would love to help, but how will I send you this carpet? I must warn you, South Africa has the worst postal service ever! and Courier's are very pricey, but maybe if you earning in pounds it might not seem too much. So let me know how I can help.

Yeah, most of that is available new from main dealer or from vw heritage parts place.

The front panel clips only 2nd hand. The screw cover clips for the seat and slide covers- what colour, there is beige, grey and black. I think the rear brake light lens only 2nd hand. interior door handle bezel (or is it an escutcheon?), most probably 2nd hand.

1 minute ago, mk2 said:

Yeah, most of that is available new from main dealer or from vw heritage parts place.

The front panel clips only 2nd hand. The screw cover clips for the seat and slide covers- what colour, there is beige, grey and black. I think the rear brake light lens only 2nd hand. interior door handle bezel (or is it an escutcheon?), most probably 2nd hand.

Screw covers in black please. My interior plastics have been resprayed black. got no issues with second hand bud, as long as it's good nick that would be fantastic 😬

I can cover some of that list with shite lying around.

Handles, clips, seat rails, etc.

Cupholder, if you mean the nice double din one, that's not happening.

I have a load of black interior plastics...

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Surely a carpet can be compacted and shipped back the same way?

Zip lock bag and vacuum cleaner... Or roll it up? XDP couriers do a to and fro SA? Or his relatives could bring it back in suitcase... :)

@Rich let me know what bits you can source/supply and when I go to the breakers in the next wekk or so I can get the rest for him/order from new suppliers.

Edited by mk2