4Cough's Lupo - SA

4Cough

So I want to start getting my little half loaf ready for some comps. So I want to start investing a bit of time and money into her.

So the plan:

UP Seats - Hopefully will have picked them up today
Then to get the whole interior reupholstered with GTI material I picked up last year.
But my biggest issue is Wheels.

The Porsche wheels I was running 2 years ago gave me massive headaches which I think was due to poor engineering on the Adapters. so i flogged them and now still sitting with the OEM  Bathurst wheels. 

As far as I am aware, I am the only person who has these wheels in the country, although there is basically the same wheel available that came on a Citi Golf Velocity. with the only difference really is the notch for the Centre cap and the Centre cap it self has more holes. so practically the same.

I can not find a decent set of wheels I like for the car so I am thinking of possibly getting my current wheels modified somehow to a wow factor. Does anyone have any ideas???

Edited by 4Cough

If I remember correctly the Velocity wheels are 6j wide whereas Bathursts are 6.5j wide. If anyone is interested the Velocity wheels are part number 17S 601 025 E GX9 but are no longer available from VW according to ETKA, and probably never available in the UK anyway!

Centre caps for the Velocity wheels are 6Q0 601 149 G GRB which may be an alternative to the Bathurst centre cap? (6E0 601 149 A GRB £24.34 each inc vat) though I have no idea whether they are the same or not!

Edited by lupogtiboy

18 minutes ago, lupogtiboy said:

If I remember correctly the Velocity wheels are 6j wide whereas Bathursts are 6.5j wide. If anyone is interested the Velocity wheels are part number 17S 601 025 E GX9 but are no longer available from VW according to ETKA, and probably never available in the UK anyway!

Centre caps for the Velocity wheels are 6Q0 601 149 G GRB which may be an alternative to the Bathurst centre cap? (6E0 601 149 A GRB £24.34 each inc vat) though I have no idea whether they are the same or not!

This is why you have such a high rep, absolute legend.

I am asking guys on the VW Club SA Forum if anyone has the specs on their Velocity wheels, had no idea they had a different width.

£24.34 a Centre Cap??????!!!
200.gif

• 1 year later...

Hey gents,

So i decided to part with the VW UP seats and rather go for a pair of SEAT Leon mk2 Cupra seats.

Being a huge SEAT fan I though this would make an great upgrade to my lupo.

So here is the passenger seat:

https://imgur.com/cApCx2u

cApCx2u.jpg

I have about 5 metres of the GTI Tartan stashed away in my garage:

https://imgur.com/K2FAjWK

K2FAjWK.jpg

So this was my poor attempt at a paint edit of what I was thinking for the seats (minus the cupra logo)

https://imgur.com/EooXCm6

EooXCm6.jpg

Thoughts?

Where did you get the tartan cloth from? I need a bit to recover the armrest in my Up GTi!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 7:09 PM, LR5V said:

Legend! Thanks mate!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, Rich said:

I like the tartan.

I reckon I'll go with that, gloss back on the back of the seat, and maybe because the interior is currently grey, make the rest of the seat grey with that "studded" material (best way I can describe it.

cC7Cb4N.jpg

Not sure if i'll regret that decision 🤣

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys & Girls,

So I finally getting the Cupra seats fitted into the lupo.

What I want to achieve is that the seats stay on the standard lupo seat frame and guides and well as make them collapsible as per the original seat.
Currently the top section is ready for upholstery, it should be complete by next week, but here is some progress pictures in the meantime.

Seat backings 😍

rQAFtMV.jpg

Passenger seats side by side

dAJuiEO.jpg

Test fit to make sure the Cupra seats were not too wide for the lupo

A4VOZ9p.jpg

Original Lupo frame used and just the wire portion cut from LC seat and welded onto lupo frame:

tKBq1ph.jpg

Halfway there...

cbwUehA.jpg yIoYJZ4.jpg

Super excited for this to be completed.

Here is the mock up of what I am planning to be done:

gNtcfAH.jpg

Rear seats are also in. Hopefully I will have them back next week to update.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi friends,

So the seats have still not been started, excuses and excuses from upholstery shop.

In the meantime I got the lupo a sick set of 16" 7J OZ Ultraleggera - ORIGINAL! The 16" is super rare in my country, and also my all time favourite wheel.

ESnwTMW.jpg

I had a set of Yokohama 205/45/16 S Drives that i removed, more due to the fact that they were maybe 7 years old. But also the tyre looked huge, I am super conflicted on what tyre size to go for, just wish there was a size in between 165/45/16 and 195/40/16. a 175/40/16 or a 185/40/16 would be amazing.

kI2ICSQ.jpg

I think I will opt for the 165/45/16 as I have had this size on both the TSW Imola wheels and Porsche Boxster wheels before.

Alzar8T.jpg http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah22/4Cough/FB_IMG_1486748575758_zpsoq5o67gf.jpg

The plan is with the wheels:

Change the colour from Crystal Titanium to another OZ optional colour, Matt Graphite Silver.

fvd364101940ugs_3.jpg

Get the OZ Racing & Ultraleggera logos to pop by Painting them white.

Then I would love a set of Central Lock caps, but from what I have seen on EBay, they are pretty much the price that I paid for the wheels, so my father and I are going to try replicate them and make them ourselves on his milling machine and lathe and get the centre piece 3D printed. (hopefully complete by January)

69lf3dI.jpg

Thought and suggestions welcome!

Edited by 4Cough

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there Club Lupo,

The Volkswagen in South Africa says they can no longer get me the Fuel Filter for my Lupo. I just wanted to find out if someone on the other side of the sea could please just help me out by calling your local VW and see if they have stock. If they do then I will tell my local VW that the dealers overseas has stock, why can't they order one from there?!. Maybe if anyone can assist, maybe ask them if they can see if the part has been discontinued and if they sell out of the stock on hand, they will no longer supply the part? 

I really would appreciate the help.

Fuel Filter - V 6N0 127 401H

1.4 TDI - AMF fuel filter

🙏

Regards,
Jonno

It's a fairly standard filter that fits loads of cars... The only things to watch are the direction the hose connections face and the total length of the filter. You can get different length filters- they all will work perfectly.

I'm pretty sure it's the same as polo, golf, passat and bora of that age. But they last a 'very' long time (lifetime). I wouldn't mess with it unless you think it's blocked. And when you do change it, it's worth changing the two little 'O' rings on the one way valve that clips into the filter. Smear some silicone grease on them first :)

• 1 month later...

Good day Club Lupo,

I am looking for a very awesome and time generous member to assist me in acquiring some parts for my lupo.

My Future mom in law in coming over to South Africa for my wedding in September from Swansea, Wales. And I would love to use this opportunity to get her to bring some small bits and bots that are damaged or missing from my lupo.

Is there anyone here willing to help out a fellow Lupo lover get the parts I need from people breaking and then ship it off to Swansea?

Please and thank you! (P.S. I have paypal which I can use to make payment for the parts)

🙏