selling cars

GeoffD

what do you have to do to sell a mint (literally) lupo? my daughter has a sdi lupo which has 159,702 miles on it. other than that it's brand new. I've had it on the site, on auto trader and apart from a few tyre kickers I've had no serious interest. we've even dropped the price to £950. this car needs nothing doing to it. am I advertising it in a foreign language or something? geoff

To put it simply it's the mileage, if I was in the market for lupo no.5 I'd buy it, but 2 s's on the drive, a gti, and another gti in the garage, it's not likely I could get away with it. Tbf tho have you advertised on here??

To be fair DBlock, Geoff's has had some nice improvements. Rear beam off a sport (so discs all around), OEM Remote central, I'm sure I've read some other stuff.

If mine was on it's way out, I'd bite your hand off Geoff. I think people are scared of high mileage, but I've just clocked 141k on mine and the engine feels tighter than any other car I've had. I still get it up to top speed without a problem. They're designed to take a hammering, and they do it well.

Serviced regularly, taken care of, these cars will pretty much last forever.

yes, the engines been serviced to death, other than that the car is new. I think that the 1.7 diesel is the best one, it's the simplest and you can run it on chip fat if you want!! this was my daughter's car and my reputation (yes I do have one!) wouldn't allow me to let her run around in something that wasn't right. oh well, there's a bloke been on the phone today, lets see if he's just going to waste my time (again) geoff

To be fair DBlock, Geoff's has had some nice improvements. Rear beam off a sport (so discs all around), OEM Remote central, I'm sure I've read some other stuff.

If mine was on it's way out, I'd bite your hand off Geoff. I think people are scared of high mileage, but I've just clocked 141k on mine and the engine feels tighter than any other car I've had. I still get it up to top speed without a problem. They're designed to take a hammering, and they do it well.

Serviced regularly, taken care of, these cars will pretty much last forever.

I know Geoff's car is mint but at that price people will opt for lower miles over rear discs IMO if they even care for such a thing. Your average gumtree autotrader won't care. Someone on here probably would and be willing to pay but that market is small.

I agree with you Dblock, my daughter has dropped the price to £850, due to the fact that the car itself is in good condition despite its age and mileage, we all know those engines last forever but she seems to be having difficulties appealing to the autotrader know it alls!
I wouldn't care it was because of a high mileage job(which she no longer has) that she racked up the miles and then bought a new car, otherwise we wouldn't have this problem! She wants to keep it and do it up as a show car, but being only 20 years old she can't afford it, so sadly it's bye bye to Oscar! Geoff.

• Like 1

no, mate its fantasia green with a couple of good coats of lacquer, flatted and polished to make it nice and shiny. the car didn't even need painting but I machine polished it and unfortunately the person who had it before us obviously had a machine polisher too, and guess who went through to the primer !! fortunately my mate's a good painter. geoff

Yeah I think he does, no it's not that Oscar, My daughter most definitely wasn't a fan of the rattle can combo of colours so our Oscar is all one colour. Geoff

Edited by GeoffD