Suspension for comfort

Hi guys,

I currently have a 2003 Arosa tdi. It's a great mile muncher as it's been remapped and had a longer 5th fitted. The only problem is the roads here aren't great. I'm looking for a suspension which won't lower the car at all ideally but be more comfortable if such a thing exists?

Cheers

Roads in stoke aren't too bad luckily :P

It's just the dual carrigeways when your going 70mph. Maybe I've been spoiled by nicer large cars. I just don't see why the arosa is so harsh at motorway speeds.

My KWs are great on most of the roads up here. Do they not do spring and shock kits too?

You could get V1s and run them close to standard.

I'd consider renewing with stock items, it's a 12 year old car, whether the parts look ok or not is kinda irrelevant I think, especially if it's not as comfortable as you think it should be, my lupo s-lupo no.4 on my drive, is on standard suspension and I have terrible roads where I live out in the sticks and it glides over most things.

If it's old and taking a lot of abuse then it's more than likely gonna lose it's supportive quality quicker.

• Like 1

My brother has 90odd k miles but has 14" wheels. Now I know the mileage doesn't make a difference as it could have less wear but is it because I'm running 15's the ride is harsher? The original wheels are quite balloony. I think the suspension might get an overhaul soon too though.