keys

weslangdon

Hi, my Arosa Sport's remote key has gone missing leaving me with just the one key, so today I had a "coded" key cut with a chip coded to my car...or so I thought. The key will illuminate the ignition, showing all the potential fault codes and warnings, will operate the starter motor but it will not fire up. Returning the key to the shop, the supplier double checked the coding and concluded that the code had changed and that the chip in my original key is continually changing. Does this make sense to anyone here

The remote uses a hopping code which is constantly changing. The ignition uses an ID42 crypto for older Lupos and ID44 for newer. These are fixed hash, so don't changer at all.

You need to adapt the transponder using VAG COM and your SKU. VW won't give them out anymore so you'll need to buy a cheap VAG TACHO clone and see if you can get it that way. Pre 2002 guaranteed work. >2002 some have IMMO3, these are harder.

• Like 1

You would very possibly be able to do it yourself then!! The only Lupo's with IMMO3 are 2002 onwards and to be fair, many were still fitted with IMMO2. A friend who is a VW engineer said VW only guaranteed IMMO3 on GTI's and plenty of post 2002 non-GTI's were fitted with IMMO2.

So, if you want to save yourself £105, buy a VCDS, buy a VAG-TACHO, get your SKU, adapt your two keys using VAG-COM and the standard adaptation process (google it) and then enjoy your new keys and your new equipment which you'll no doubt use down the line.

• Like 1

You would very possibly be able to do it yourself then!! The only Lupo's with IMMO3 are 2002 onwards and to be fair, many were still fitted with IMMO2. A friend who is a VW engineer said VW only guaranteed IMMO3 on GTI's and plenty of post 2002 non-GTI's were fitted with IMMO2.

So, if you want to save yourself £105, buy a VCDS, buy a VAG-TACHO, get your SKU, adapt your two keys using VAG-COM and the standard adaptation process (google it) and then enjoy your new keys and your new equipment which you'll no doubt use down the line.

It aint that easy... I've now got 5 different OBD2 plug-in tools. I can do everything except copy keys.... even change odometer readings =shock horror!

It aint that easy... I've now got 5 different OBD2 plug-in tools. I can do everything except copy keys.... even change odometer readings =shock horror!

depends mate... Older loops are easier.

depends mate... Older loops are easier.