Remote locking failure

jpsh120

I'm assuming this is related to the door lock switch but wanted to check before taking anything apart.

Remote no longer locks the car but will unlock OK and the interior light stays on with doors shut. I believe the issue is with the drivers door.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Strangely the remote has started working again without me doing anything. Perhaps there is something internal on the lock that is sticking?

I would think it's the same problem as I had. The latch position microswitch on the drivers door lock.

You can get a complete new lock off fleabay for £19.98 - saves a load of hassle trying to change just the microswitch.

I would think it's the same problem as I had. The latch position microswitch on the drivers door lock. You can get a complete new lock off fleabay for £19.98 - saves a load of hassle trying to change just the microswitch.

Having tried fixing the microswitch in the past, I really don't think it's worth it. Lots of effort and unnecessary stress. I mean, how much is time worth eh? Just buy a new lock definitely.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first posting and seems this might be what I am looking for. My daughters Arosa needs a new internal lock on the drives side but it is a non central looking type. The micro switch has gone, so no internal light. The ones I see on Ebay appear to be for those with Central Locking. Is it possible to use one of these instead, would it work. Also can anyone tell me if, there should there also be a switch on the passenger side lock and secondly what activates the warning buzzer if you have left your lights on.

Hope this males sense and someone can advise me.

Many thanks

This is my first posting and seems this might be what I am looking for. My daughters Arosa needs a new internal lock on the drives side but it is a non central looking type. The micro switch has gone, so no internal light. The ones I see on Ebay appear to be for those with Central Locking. Is it possible to use one of these instead, would it work. Also can anyone tell me if, there should there also be a switch on the passenger side lock and secondly what activates the warning buzzer if you have left your lights on.

Hope this males sense and someone can advise me.

Many thanks

The non-CL type don't use microswitches.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

When I took the lock out, at the bottom of it, plugged in was a two wire connector. This was plugged in to a small switch at the bottom of the lock, but it was broken. When I connected the two wires across, the courtesy light came on. The switch would have been activated as the the door lock opened and shut. This was the switch I was referring too.

Anyone have any ideas.....

Many thanks

Many thanks for the quick reply.

When I took the lock out, at the bottom of it, plugged in was a two wire connector. This was plugged in to a small switch at the bottom of the lock, but it was broken. When I connected the two wires across, the courtesy light came on. The switch would have been activated as the the door lock opened and shut. This was the switch I was referring too.

Anyone have any ideas.....

Many thanks

It doesn't use a microswitch. It uses a bog standard connection to detect when the door is closed or not. It's very basic, and they rarely fail. I would have an attempt at fixing it if you can. Drop a bit of solder in there, there's nothing you can really break it's that basic.

You cannot replace with a CL locking mechanism. They work differently and it would feel very hard when you turn it. For one, you'd be moving the entire solenoid every time.

Many thanks fr taking the time to reply and excuse me if I appear a little ignorant. The switch I refer to is permanently attached to the bottom of the lock, I should have taken a photo of it. A small button on the switch is pushed in as the cam of the lock moves when the door is opened. The small part of the switch that sticks out have broken off. Are will still referring about the same part. I'll see if I can add a photo later. Many thanks for your help, much appreciated