project lupo 2.3 V5 engine conversion

D&G

please please please get those half shafts balanced and hardened. If one lets go when you're at 80 you're dead. It'll be like a missile either lifting the car off the ground or go straight through the footwell. I've seen it happen and it is not pretty. http://www.propshaft-services.co.uk/ Half shafts are made of a special type of elastic steel for strength so they can take the torque.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments everyone, ive been on holiday so not got much done last couple of weeks but while i was away a few goodies arrived,

Gti rear beam complete with rear brakes also replaced the bushes with powerflex ones and had to order some new back plates as they were rotten, still waiting for those to arrive as they were on back order

97_zpswjbhho3n.jpg

98_zpstenc9pca.jpg

99_zpsedfipyvg.jpg

Also won these on ebay they need a refurb and colour change but once the coilovers are on ill be happy

100_zpsrlsu1hym.jpg

101_zpsy8h0bzzg.jpg

I've also got some g60 front calipers and carriers to come for the front brake upgrade so more pics to follow soon hopefully

how many cars you got haha

you sound like my Mrs, "u can only drive one at a time "

but I've got a mk5 golf gt tdi, a bg5 subaru legacy gtb a kangoo van with a clio 172 lump and the lupo, you can never have too many

lupo gti hubs have arrived, still waiting on the G60 calipers and carriers

100_zpsqxdtpkcc.jpg

101_zpskeannunk.jpg

also got the lupo gti beam and rear brakes all cleaned up and painted

103_zpso7uvinsv.jpg

104_zpsrqfdkkbf.jpg

105_zpsfm08zepd.jpg

106_zpsek1tl7c0.jpg

108_zpsv2xnpaxb.jpg

109_zpsl55y3oyj.jpg

110_zpszpb0ftbr.jpg

also made a start on the cooling system unfortunately the golf radiator is just to big so hopefully the lupo one will give enough cooling

111_zps4icitrce.jpg

you can never have too many

I'll second that... But the trouble is you start to enjoy running one most of the time and neglect the others. It costs too much to tax 5 cars at the same time, but I still do it....

• 2 weeks later...

small update, g60 callipers and carriers arrived unfortunatly the callipers were completly shoy nipples were seized pistons were very corroded so recon calipers were ordered and painted eventualy got the correct size discs also got the wheels refurbed and i think they look good against the yellow and finally made a start on the exhaust, oh and after a bit or reserch decided to get the drive shafts custom made but still waiting for those to return.

113_zps5c6jdiev.jpg

114_zps5nbkpyop.jpg

118_zps4bfhn1if.jpg

119_zpscwjzuo4o.jpg

117_zpsldjcnlib.jpg

120_zps276fz35t.jpg

121_zpsiabsagfp.jpg

122_zpsvzh1u5qa.jpg

116_zpsuldddeep.jpg

115_zpsufsrbpls.jpg

also brought this liitle gem 74k 3 owners, clutch had gone and caused pedal box to break so after a few hours of fettling its back on the road and will be up for sale in the near future after a service mot and new timing belt and a very good clean.

IMG_2559_zpsfz5m36vf.jpg

IMG_2560_zpslhfhg9u4.jpg

IMG_2561_zpsjk3kj5pm.jpg

IMG_2563_zpsbbe5sd34.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update.

Decided to get the drive shafts professionally made and while i was waiting for them i decided to fit a sub and amp in the boot, drive shafts have been powder coated and are ready to fit, sub and amp still needs wiring up but ill sort all the wiring at once also fitted the battery in the wheel well using the golf battery tray

123_zpsnpfkgian.jpg

125_zps10xkr0nw.jpg

126_zpsq6rcbozf.jpg

127_zpstrq3tov8.jpg

129_zps2jxavrit.jpg

131_zpsj97vykuo.jpg

132_zpszt3wpxvo.jpg

133_zpsmolr3vnt.jpg

134_zpsvweufuih.jpg

136_zps3lmcrkkh.jpg

137_zpscobynulm.jpg

142_zpso1wdswom.jpg