EPC Light help!

image_zps123f7f0f.jpg

After recently K.O'ing my battery my EPC and check engine light have been on, i also have the issue that my ecu port does not seem to work so I can't plug it in and find out whats up! can anyone help? I don't know where to begin looking, as the EPC light isnt on constantly where as the check engine light seems to be majority of the time. The car will start occassionally with neither on but after a couple of minutes they come back on :(

Please help!

Why doesn't your obd port work. That's the real problem.

this.

Epc light is usually to do with brakes. Are your brake lights coming on

I have no idea, never was mentioned when i bought the car >.<

And as far as i am aware they are, although my bloke said the other day one break light wasnt working, but i checked a little later on and both were fine :s

Are you sure it's broken? Obd2 ports require the ignition to be on despite having a permanent 12v, because the ecu doesn't.

• Like 1

Disconnect your head unit if it's aftermarket, some cause issues for the obd port

the old k line defect only affects vag com. Not obd2 I don't think

The guy that did my mot said 'it dont matter that the engine light is on il switch it off' then plugged in his laptop and it wouldnt work, then my friend also did the same and once again it wouldnt read anything. I got my bloke to follow me home the other night and my break lights were working fine /:

But my epc light isnt on constantly, my check engine light is, the epc is more random, but dont know where to begin in fixing it :(