GTI central locking and alarm problems.......

Trail_Biker

Had the issue with the interior light not coming on when you unlock the car and the alarm going off if you don't put the key in the ignition quick enough.

So got a new microswitch for the "door latch open" indication on the lock module and fitted it. Interior light now works fine when you open the door. But.....when I try and lock the door with the key nothing happens! You can lock it from the lock/unlock rocker switch on the drivers door and then unlock it from the outside, but not lock it from outside......very strange (I can hear the microswitch operating though).

Just for good measure the alarm goes off for no apparent reason.

I shall order a complete new door lock module and fit that. Will then see if I have buggered up something else inside the old one!

Anybody near Ipswich got Vagcom? (apart from the dealers).

Cheers.

I would be tempted at this point to give up repairing and for a new pattern part. Cheap and will save your sanity.

Does your remote central locking work? I have the same issue, interior light working and alarm goes off if you don't turn the ignition quick enough. I assumed it was the CCM but if it's the door lock I'll replace that and see if it resolves the issue