TomTom navigators

im quite interested in this tomtom thing, especially the one with the bluetooth hands free, could come in very handy! but what i would like to know is where has everyone got theres mounted? any pics? and is the mounting really that ugly?

Not a huge amount of help if you're going for one of the standalone TomTom GO units, but I had my PDA running TomTom mounted as shown below...

toys.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a TomTom GO mounting pic.

The mounting system for the tomtom go is as astheaticaly pleasing as a Pylon in your back yard smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ah Jon, thats a Brodit clip isn't it? Is it one that you use a couple of wedges to part the trim, shove the clip in and then pull the wedges out and the clips all nice and flush with the panel gap?

Been looking at options for mounting the Denison iPod cradle, and I'd rather not let some ICE place loose with a drill, I've read that this is a popular option, but sounds a bit risky to me, part the panels on the dash to shove a clip in.

im quite interested in this tomtom thing, especially the one with the bluetooth hands free, could come in very handy! but what i would like to know is where has everyone got theres mounted? any pics? and is the mounting really that ugly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got one. I'll post a pic sometime tomorrow afternoon. Oh and they rock. Worth every single penny.

Not a huge amount of help if you're going for one of the standalone TomTom GO units, but I had my PDA running TomTom mounted as shown below...

toys.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a TomTom GO mounting pic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thinking about getting a pda for the sat nav, but dont really know which pda to go for?... any suggestions?

been looking at the following pda : HP iPAQ rz1710 Pocket PC a few questions... with regarding the gps navigation software i take it i have to get the tomtom go 3 (or the like) and install it on the pda. would prolly have to get the memory stick as well, and the car adapter and cradle...

will this be a good buy or should i go for a tomtom 3?

cheers

G

I've got one. I'll post a pic sometime tomorrow afternoon. Oh and they rock. Worth every single penny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Little late but hope it helps DSCN0536.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCN0534.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

ive just noticed (puttin my tomtom bak in my car) that ive scratched the screen of mine only seems to have caught the plastic cover that protects the screen but still annoyin hopefully tomtom can supply me a new one! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Nice headunit Delvard.

Yeah Andy, it is the Brodit solution. I was talking to Snoopy on MSN and I was dead against using an air-vent holder to hold the PDA, but its by far the best option I've found. You have to move the vent about 1mm (if that!) from the dash to slip the clip on, so its really no bother at all.

Thanks for the info Jon, certainly preferable to going at it with a drill.

Edited by AndyW