problem installing remote central locking

Buddwiser89

i know this is a bit off topic but. ive recently removed my battery and charged it and since putting it on again, my car will lock and unlock with central locking if i use the key. but it only locks with the key fob and the unlock button doesnt work. Any ideas what it could be?

are you trying to install genuine vw parts or an aftermarket locking syatem? I put in genuine stuff and it was major grief, I ended up getting another loom (which had electric everything) and grafting it into my daughter's car. I would not do it again!! (unless someone paid me a lot !) people kinda expect to just plug and play with this kind of thing -works with golfs but not lupos. what you really need to do is sit down with a pen and paper and work out what you have and what you want, sometimes it is easier (but I think messy ) to put in aftermarket stuff as the vw oem bits can get expensive let me know what you have and what you're after and i'll try to help you. where do you live by the way? if you're local a pop round would certainly do you some good.

geoff

If you've got no electric windows then I'm almost certain your central locking has been fitted aftermarket. That's fine but it means you'll need to get out your multimeter and find the wires you need to splice into.