airbag light has come on after I replaced indicator stalk

Buddwiser89

Might be effecting the airbag on your wheel? when i braught my arosa the dash one had depoloyed but the driver one didnt and the light stayed on after replacing the dash. i then realised there was a dodge connection in the airbag in the wheel. you could have knocked something there?

If you had the steering wheel off, you need to get a diagnostics cable and get the fault code re-set. If an airbag has been disconnected while battery was on the car, it makes a fault code, that needs to be erased, this is also the case if you change seats if you have seat airbags

When you pulled the steering wheel off, how far in did you need to poke the screwdriver to reach the two airbag retaining clips?

And did you need to remove all the steering column housing first?

I want to move my steering wheel by just one spline clockwise, but don't want to remove absolutely everything first.

When you powerup VAGCOM make sure you tick the option to scan the airbag module.... that may help reset it. The alterative is disconnect the airbag and put a piece of wire between the two terminals on the loom. Powerup again and it should pass, as it does a circuit continuity check on the loom. DO NOT apply power or even a meter to the airbag module , as it could go off.