Starter motor Help !!!

JoshArosa

Been having problems with my starter motor and have had to be driving around with a hammer in the back :glare: ,I've replaced the starter motor this morning and it worked fine but when I needed to get to work later on it wasn't even trying to turn. just making the same click as it was before I swap it

That's the power contact bar inside the solenoid. Or it could be the brushes, but unlikely.

Or it might be the cable connector, as you say it still does it after you swapped it.

Or it might be the wrong starter motor, as the little gear can't bite into the flywheel gear properly. If the gear doesn't engage fully, the power contacts inside the solenoid don't connect and the starter wont run.

Starter motor out... Strip and rebuild or swap.

Edited by mk2

A little heads up GSF have a 33% sale on i bought one few month back with the same discount and it works out at £108 after discount is applied then you get £90 when you return your old unit so all in its £18 for a brand new motor.

Rude not to take advantage for that price. Mine was making the whine noise when starting all is good now.

What code did you use? I tried this morning and it didn't work....

SALE33 mate. i only got the email last night