PD100 gearbox straight swap for a lupo tdi?

FullFlex

Hi all,

my lupo gearbox is dying and i'm planning to put a gt1749va decat and remap,
i read somewhere that pd100 gearbox is plug and play on a lupo 1.4 tdi...
can someone comfirm that? and if yes what flywheel and clutch do i need?

not sure if it's clear :)

thanks

it won't shift down between 3rd ans 2th, or at low low rpm, i know it's a synchro spring, it can be rebuilt
but as i'm planning to put a 1749 turbo, if i can change for a better gearbox it's better.
i think the pd100 gearbox have longer gears and are stronger.

some people said me it's a straight swap from ibiza, polo or fabia pd100,
but i have to change the flywheel and clutch for a G60 flywheel and Golf tdi clutch...

i'm not sure of nothing so i ask here, i just want to put a bigger turbo gearbox and breaks to my tdi

Ok i understand it's another gearbox thread... so i'm buying an ibiza pd100 gearbox
i will use a G60 flywheel, and pd 100 clutch... i try that and i will see
i maybe need the shifter too.

i already have
a gt1749va turbo modified to fit on the 1.4tdi manifold
girling G60 callipers
polo rear disc beam
joms :)

project on it's way...

love how this literally went from

"will it fit"

"no"

"I've bought it and it will fit"

I forgot if the boxes are o2j or o2a

I have no idea how mounting the to the engine change between them.

Are you going to get the standard 10k the lightened 7k

I was wondering if this was possible so I'm definitely going to see how can gods.. I hope for loads of pictures, part numbers and descriptions.

How do you know the measurements of the flywheel bolt sizes and Placement. Does thejob clutch hydraulic feed need changing

Yep,you are right... i'm going the noob way...,
and in fact i'm so bad at english that it's hard for me to explain all those things.
i'm not a mechanics, i work for me with no help so i do what i can.

it starts with my brothers polo... i take it to go shopping, and i fall in love...
1 week later a bought a tdi lupo with a 1.9 tdi conversion in mind...for fun
the fact is in france, swaps are not possible. french mot... insurances...
so i decided to boost the 1.4 and so i start reading all i can find on the subject.

after many research i find that i can put a vnt turbo etc... but also that the gearbox will die quick.
so after many readings on vw gearbox... pretty simple subject... i read nils6L post on his arosa...
and try to copy his setup, but i don't really want to open my gearbox rebuild it, and broke it because it's a weak gearbox
and i want torque :)

after discussions with a french friend who own a 175bhp Ibiza 1.4tdi, i conclude that pd100 ggu gearbox will fit
with another flywheel and clutch.... i came here to get answers on the compatibility...
as i can't have any , i go my way :)

in fact i found an ibiza GGU gearbox 30k miles approx, for 200£... so i bought it anyway
i'll order that soon also
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-silent-g60-single-mass-flywheel-clutch-kit-for-5-speed-02j-02a-02r.html

i have a gt1749va out of a passat 130 modified to fit the amf manifold
mini_920934IMG0368.jpg

a 320d intercooler
mini_927006IMG0378.jpg

now a GGU gearbox so a 02R :)
mini_264173IMG0379.jpg

and some G60 callipers

mini_45448110947676101530229475392461603

and a rear disc beam from a polo 6n tdi
and... i must find a 23,8 mm master cylinder...
i need also to remap, but i find someone who can do it and test it on the roller to...

so i need advices... Thanks :)

Edited by FullFlex

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

02R gearbox fits you just have to shave the mounting lugs as there is webbing between them to fit the gearbox mount.

Some ratios here: https://workshop-manuals.com/seat/leon-mk1/02r_5-speed/technical_data/gearbox_identification/code_letters_assembly_allocation_ratios_capacities/

VNT needs suitable n75 and mapping. 

He needs bigger injectors right off the bat if he wants to do this.

Also the 4 pot flywheel wont be offset balanced to the 3 pot piston / crank assembly so either get that done somehow, or get the 3 pot flywheel machined and re pinned for 4 pot clutches or else just live with the vibration.

• Like 1

Holy thread resurrection! But makes an interesting read. My guess is that you @Sausage have done it... Nice  :)

Is the flywheel a basic spinning disc or is it dual mass? If just a spinning disc, i can't see it being a problem. Or am I missing something? The balancing shaft does most of the vibration control from my understanding of 3 pots?

2 hours ago, mk2 said:

Holy thread resurrection! But makes an interesting read. My guess is that you @Sausage have done it... Nice  :)

Is the flywheel a basic spinning disc or is it dual mass? If just a spinning disc, i can't see it being a problem. Or am I missing something? The balancing shaft does most of the vibration control from my understanding of 3 pots?

No I havent done it yet, got all the bits, done all the reading and then procrastinated big time.  Black TDI needs major overhaul now so either it or the red one will get the treatment.

3 pot mechanicals: 

1.4 TDI engine mechanicals.pdf

Edited by Sausage