Wishbone and ball joint stuck.

I have new wishbones and ball joints ready and waiting for my gti, although the rear bushing mount for the wishbone appears to be stuck. I'm guessing that its corroded quite severely. I've been using a hammer and flathead screwdriver to hit the metal ring where the wishbone connects to the subframe but to no avail.

The ball joint is also corroded on, and there is no movement at all when trying to remove it. I have soaked both the wishbone and balljoint in WD-40 several times but I'm now out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated

Presumably you have managed to get the wishbone off the car and you now want to replace the rear bush?

I have always found the best way to do this is to cut through the rubber with a Stanley knife (use a bar through the centre to twist and make it easier) and remove the centre portion - you can then use a hacksaw blade to carefully cut through the outer alloy portion in a couple of places - it will then just fall out!

As Skezza says Plusgas is much better than WD40 and a fair bit of heat from a blowtorch also helps to free the balljoint.