My vw Lupo Openair

Gordi

Love this car!!

Thankyou :thumbup:

forgot to ask what material you used for the door handles?

Its black Suede. quite easy to do and looks really good in car :wave:

Received this in the post on Friday :) getting it sprayed up soon. this is a massive improvement in my opinion, I don't like the little vented lip that comes standard on the openair. what yous reckon?

lip.jpg

Also after waxing I tried this over the weekend. works really well, love it :wub:

kLeen.jpg

Edited by Gordi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent an hour re-trimming my rear door cards last night, they came out pretty good for a first go :)

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

image1-7.jpg

Also I got bored so did a little chop (not brilliant) of the sort of thing im going for:

a-2.jpg

or mebs with a smoother front :P

b-2.jpg

Love your rear door cards mate, they look sweeet! I've been meaning to do mine for a while now, so could I ask where you got the material? eBay?

Personally though, I wouldn't paint your wheels black. I think it makes them blur in and look a bit mehh. :paperbag: Just my opinion though, as I'm loving the updates! :sweating:

just from a material shop in mytown but you can get it off ebay and use spray glue called trimfix its like £5 off ebay.

the wheels are booked in Friday for powdercoat . they aint gloss black they are the same as what I had my tt ones done in, looks lovely. and as the cars are the same colour I know it will look awesome.

tt.jpg

image-3.jpeg

im sorta going for the same look with the lupo

Edited by Gordi

Will be very tidy if you close to the photoshops. Is it really as easy as it looks to do the door cards?

Not miss the gti at all?

it wont be far off. id love a re-spray before ultimate dubs, last owner scuffed a few of the bumpers which is a let down :(

there not too bad just stressfull haha make sure you have spare material incase you go wrong!

I do miss it but I had it for 4 years nearly then tt and now just happy to have something cheaper to run and insure etc :) yet still hopefully look the part..

Did a little chop of the rear i aiming for.. guna smooth the rear handle and brakelight hopefully. wheels are booked in friday and just ordered a set of 30mm B+ hubcentric spacers, camber shims and bolts :) also vw sharan badge is in the post :shades:

rearmmm.jpg

Few Updates:

Installed my shran rear badge:

image9.jpg

Ripped out rear bench to line up TT seats for brackets and removed my amp. which needs spraying and re-wiring :)

image5.jpg

image3.jpg

Wheels got powder coated in "off black"

image8.jpg

image7.jpg

image6.jpg

something a little special :shifty:

image4.jpg

This is how she currently stands.. during a Kleenfreaks wax. which is awesome btw.

image1.jpg

next:

shims have arrived. and will be test fitting my rear spacers as soon as they arrive! as soon as the front seats are bolted in im guna get her on the road, and straight in for notch and rolled arches then I can install shims spacers and sort out my ride height and fitment.. new roof lip is currently being sprayed... :shades: