1.0 Oxford Open Air

Mdo227

Hi all!

It has been quite a while since i last posted here, but im back! My blue Lupo (Sid) kinda died last autum, so i've been on the hunt for a new lupo to drive in! I recently saw this little beauty, and i had to get it! It's a mint 2003 Oxford 1.0 lupo, with the awesome Open Air sunroof! It have only done 116.000km (72.000 miles) which is becoming a rare thing to find so low milage on these cars! Except the Oxford trim, there's pretty much no acessories atm, except the MFD i fitted as the first thing. I do have a couple of doors with electric windows, mirrors and central locking in storage, in black too, so i'll be doing a retrofit sometime soon i hope!

IMG_5921800x600_zpsef4d4b6c.jpg
IMG_5922800x600_zps4c532c9c.jpg
IMG_5925800x600_zpsa65cbff4.jpg
IMG_5928800x600_zps07b995d1.jpg
IMG_5929800x600_zpsb2e1daa1.jpg
IMG_5930800x600_zpsc6d5b4de.jpg
IMG_5947800x600_zpsca8ac79c.jpg

Nice Lupo! Got a few tidy mods already! :thumbup:

As far as I'm aware, all LHD Lupos have gloveboxes, its only the RHD Lupos that didn't get them for some unknown reason!

VW made a few Special Edition Lupos named after colleges, ie Cambridge (or SE in the UK), Oxford, Princeton, and the College as shown above. All had differing spec, ie the Cambridge with darkened rear lenses, leather steering wheel and gear knob, though I've no idea why we didn't get them all in the UK. VW UK is a law unto itself sometimes, that's why we got the Polo Harlequin!!!

As far as I'm aware, all LHD Lupos have gloveboxes, its only the RHD Lupos that didn't get them for some unknown reason!

VW UK is a law unto itself sometimes, that's why we got the Polo Harlequin!!!

Not all LHD Lupos have gloveboxes. First Lupos ('98-99) didn't come with a glovebox.

Oh, and we also got the Polo Harlequin in Spain, although it didn't really sell very well :lol:

NICE :thumbup: glove box easy to install?

Must admit, got it with it from stock. Car is untouched, except my radio

Not all LHD Lupos have gloveboxes. First Lupos ('98-99) didn't come with a glovebox.

Oh, and we also got the Polo Harlequin in Spain, although it didn't really sell very well :lol:

Excatly, my old 98 lupo didn't have glovebox, and i found out a lupo glove box is quite expensive, so i rocked the lower shelf :D

I believe it was for some EU markets, a bit like the 3L etc

The car i have is an german import, we didn't get any editions in Denmark, but 80% of all lupos here are 3L, so they are common as dirt here. If anyone wants 3L parts, let me know, they are easy to get by, and fairly cheap here!

Additional information:

this is one of only 5 known open air Lupos in Denmark, so it is quite rare here, really happy i found it in this condition!

I only know of two GTi's in Denmark, as they weren't imported by VW, so we have to import them from germany aswell, so my best bet for one would be mobile.de