Looking for some advice

davidjames94

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Lupo for my first car. Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the mechanics of a car, I'm hoping for a bit of advice on what to look for when buying a Lupo and what faults they're prone to. I'm 20 years old and my birthday is in 3 weeks so I'm looking to buy one then to see if my insurance is much cheaper, so far I've been quoted £770. As it's my first ever car I don't think it's too bad. It seems the 1.0E/1.4E is cheapest to insure so I'm looking at either of them

I'm also undecided between a 1.0 and a 1.4, I just want a little car to get around and get good MPG but also don't want something I have to floor to get anywhere (according to some people on this forum, that's what's required from a 1.0)

Also, what's a decent used mileage for the car?

Thanks for your help, any comment is appreciated

Dave

Edited by davidjames94

around 6k

okay i am definitely getting a 1.4, what are common faults to look out for? so far i've searched and found the roof bubbling? also the padals should all be in the same position and that the gearbox is a common fault on the lupo?

Edited by davidjames94

Was going say get an SDI but you don't really do enough miles.

Those you've highlighted are common. Check central locking, electric windows etc too.

Same car really. You get more for your money what with the lack of VW badge.

Same car really. You get more for your money what with the lack of VW badge.

not entirely true. Supposedly some extra galvanizing on the Loop although can't say I've seen many Arosas with rust. You do get a few extra trim bits too.

I somewhat prefer parts of Lupo dash as well.

In reality, most important to go for the car that's right for you. Be it a Loop or Rosa.