Bens silver gti - rebuilt engine

Benjamin

So after a rocky start to Lupo ownership I finally have my gti up and running.

Bought myself a 73k silver gti from a dealer for it to start losing oil straight away. After a lot of negotiating, the dealer payed for an engine rebuild, so now I have a fresh engine!

The plan is to keep the car oem. I intend on driving it across Europe next year and love a good roadtrip, so I'm getting it set up for that.

I've added AP coilovers, ordered a whiteline anti roll bar. And will be putting 15mm spacers on the rear. Then just tidy up the bodywork and alloys.

1FECC6A6-3717-4628-93BD-5123AA16C9F4.jpg

36D19DB6-C7F7-4667-88E0-9920E91B185A.jpg

CD1BF4AB-D635-41BE-94D6-29DA95076512.jpg

Not sure whether to take the wind deflectors and tinted windows off?

Edited by Benjamin

Enjoy, looks nice.

I done a 3,242 mile Euro road trip to the Med and back in Sept. Running KW V1 coil overs and a Whitline Arb. Great set up with some extremely spirited driving through the Pyranees.

I run 195/45/15 tyres Vredestein Sportrac5 and ran with 17mm spacers on the rear.

I upgraded to Brembo G60 brakes discs up front and matching Lupo items on the rear, with stainless braided flexihoses and 5.1 Motul fluid.

Really impressed with the car as we're the guys I was travelling with Merc SL500, Audi TTS CAB' and a Range Rover Vogue 3L V6.

I bought Climair wind deflectors for the trip, but ended up removing them as they are too thick for the channels and I reckon were stressing the window motor.

imagejpg2_zpse1fca4c1.jpg

imagejpg1_zpscbab8a8a.jpg

Thanks Silver, I've actually got your Lupo set up as the 'ideal' for mine. I run kw's on my polo 6r, just couldn't stretch to them for the Lupo along with all the other things I want to buy for it.

Read your thread and seen some of the pics on Instagram too. Was thoroughly jealous and can't wait to go next year. Although it will probably be just me and a mate in his audi.

The four of us in the pic above are considering doing a "not for charity" road trip maybe in 2016. I have new coil overs waiting to go on mine in spring as mine have done the 64k with the car as they've been on since near new.

Where are you thinking of going?

• 3 weeks later...

Gave it a little clean today. Got a load of parts for it, just waiting for a slightly warmer weekend.

List of things to do;

Fit 15mm spacers.

De tango the rear lights.

De badge and fit smaller vw badge.

Fit whiteline anti roll bar.

Install pop out rear windows.

DBA20A75-F168-41DA-938E-C5D350F0E17E.jpg

767310D4-972D-4358-A65F-A5081E9EB984.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...