Anyone know where I can get a rear cage for a lupo?

LowerclassLupo

I think if I used a Lupo on track days, I would certainly fit a roll cage.

I've seen a few loops in breakers yards where they've been in accidents and the results are a tad worrying. The two side panels which make up most of the car's stucture are mainly held together by the firewall, the floor and the rear slam panel. The roof panel appears to be glued to the two side panels. So invariably, the roof generally peels away in a big accident where the car rolls over. There might be spot welds, but if there are any they fail during the crashing process.

The car would be much stronger if there were positive engaging corner 'pins' on the tailgate, to lock with the main body.

I'd also remove spare wheels, as they turn into projectiles...

that's a track day lupo. It's about the only time I'd happily say yep, fit a cage.

that's a track day lupo. It's about the only time I'd happily say yep, fit a cage.

So why on earth would someone want to add a roll cage? They add a fair amount of weight. They get in the way. They increase the noise levels. You get condensation on cold days. I can't think of a single positive reason if it's not being used 'properly'.

So why on earth would someone want to add a roll cage? They add a fair amount of weight. They get in the way. They increase the noise levels. You get condensation on cold days. I can't think of a single positive reason if it's not being used 'properly'.

That's what we're all saying! ;)