Door handle cable

Ok that question is all wrong.

So you want to remove the bowden cable from the mech or from the door itself or what?

You would need to remove the mech if you want to do it entirely. Why are you doing it

What I mean to say is, my inner door handle stopped working so I removed the door card to find that the cable had snapped. I have bought a new cable but I cannot see how to remove the old one from the door.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but...

DoorLocks3_zpsf16b41f8.jpg

Ignore those arrows there. This is not from a lupo but it looks similar. I know cause I took it off some time ago to fix the micro switch for interior light.

If you can get that cable off without taking off this whole thing from the door, you are lucky.

But taking the module off is relatively easy as well.

First you need to take the lock off:

And then this door lock module in the picture comes out when you undo I think two or three XZN bolts from the door. Lot's of videos in youtube about that as well :)

Edited by Texa

Ah, yes, this is EXACTLY what I mean. I was pretty sure that I would need to take the lock module out, but I wanted to be sure before I attempted it. Thank you very much for your help Texa, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Have a great Christmas! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

What I mean to say is, my inner door handle stopped working so I removed the door card to find that the cable had snapped. I have bought a new cable but I cannot see how to remove the old one from the door.

I have had the same problem , where my cable has stretched/snapped (i havent checked yet) but where did you get the cable from/do you have the part number and is the part universal across the lupo range, as i'm driving a GTI.

Ta!