The Blupo

tomarse

Well after a week long hiatus the car is finally done. Last weekend was one of the worst i've had. Nothing went how it was supposed to but I guess thats how it is with cars.

First of all the bottom strut bolts were completely seized and we had to grind them off. That was the friday night.

IMG_1160_zps9460e5a4.jpg

The aftermath

IMG_1162_zpse5b07f32.jpg

Then on saturday we tackled the tops. Which went the same way haha

IMG_1163_zpsa3d9b87c.jpg

And we also had the cut the springs which i cant remember why we did but we did it.

IMG_1164_zps02200f27.jpg

Finally had the fronts out!

IMG_1167_zps16e25c84.jpg

Then everything went into a deep depression. We attempted to put together the coilovers, which we did but wrong. We couldnt, yet again, get the suspension strut sleeve nut out of either strut so we used the top bolt to hold it together just to get an idea of the ride height. Stupidly I had wound the coilovers all the way down thinking it would be fine, it wasnt. The wheels were rubbing on the coilovers but at this point it was 11pm and we had been working on the car and going out getting parts since 10am so we just left it.

This week we tackled the rears as we were waiting for the nuts for the fronts. This went alot smoother and we managed to do it in an hour or two which made me a little less depressed. This is how it sat with the back done and the fronts still not complete.

IMG_1193_zpse5e20e50.jpg

*Incase anyones wondering im running the rear springs with no adjusters*

Yesterday I went to VW and picked up the nuts or atleast I thought i was. The parts guy only ordered 1 nut which is both mine and his fault, I clearly said 2 but he obviously didnt hear it and I should have checked the order sheet to see if it was right. Anyway I managed to find a place not too far from me which had some in stock. Finally got back to the car and got the fronts done, adjusted and on! The car was finally done!

We drove around for a few hours testing its limitations and it did pretty good. Obviously its very bouncy but we found it hilarious. I'll put some pics up in my next post and hopefully it wont be as long as this ha

Taking the rear adjusters out and running coilover springs will get annoying, trust me! Get a set of rear springs from demon tweaks with a higher load ratio to compensate (around 190lbs off the top of my head). A few (including me) have done it and it works a treat, as it stiffens the rear! :)