The Lupo

W3E VW

Did have a thread somewhere for my build but not updated it in so long. Here it is from the start.

Bought it a year and a half back, in a very very sorry state. Was supposed to be a subtle toy as i loved my last gti but little did i know how much i would get carried away.

Photo0170.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0173.jpg

Photo0176.jpg

First thing was to get all the mechanicals done. there was alot. New heater matrix, 2xnew valve oil seals, head gasket, water pump, belts. Got the callipers powdercoatet, replace every bush with powerflex, goodridge hoses and all new barkes.

Next up a trip to the body shop to get the full car painted. Windows and engine out and off it went.

Photo0230.jpg

Photo0232.jpg

Photo0237.jpg

Photo0239.jpg

Photo0245.jpg

Next up was a set of A.P coilovers and lenso bsx wheels with 165/50 brigestones

Photo0312.jpg

Photo0310.jpg

Standrad interior was retrimmed in red and black nappa next

Photo020.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Next up came the air-ride, colour coded tank. And also took the chance to take the dasho out AGAIN and get it trimmed in matching black and red nappa with red stiching

Photo111.jpg

Photo103.jpg

During the time it was getting done put a shortened recess on the rear bumper and put a scorpion cat back exhaust on.

rear.jpg

After paying a wee trip to mike the polisher the car now had these, fully ceramic polished bbs rs, baskets done too. Cambridge lights, stubby mirror and alot of other wee daft bits and bobs

Photo132.jpg

Photo130.jpg

Photo134.jpg

Got the aeriel and brake light smoothed out next

44ab10c3.jpg

Had my eyes on a set of cs recaros for a while and when i got best lupo at dc, decided to treat the car to them. played a bout with rear benches so have a mk4 rear fold down, lupo base and changed the leather round with matching recaro stitching.

IMG_0038.jpg

Also put a wee plate on it.

4965197344_d2588f4bba_z.jpg

currently looks like this. And so it begins all over again ......

a85f16c0.jpg

thanks for looking.

Wow

Love this :wub:

Nice work dude !!!

Edited by 12yan

The interior was done by a local guy up my way byers retrim he specalises in wedding car and classics. Most of the bodywork has been done by allied in glasgow there a ferrari approved repairer

Front end back on. front arches rolled and smoothed and front numper fully smoothed. ashley four branch and de-cat on, new radiator, pipes, power steering pump and most nut and bolts. Bit more progress this week

5307596d.jpg

e473aac8.jpg

6dafcb00.jpg

wil get better pictures tommorow.