Heavy Clutch. Pedal Box OK

jaspa

Hi all very informative site

1.0 Lupo, 2003, 30000miles by 2 eldely owners FSH Bog Standard No Mods

My problem:- Have read the Pedal Box Thread and have checked everything out, all is OK However when Depressing the Clutch Pedal it is Heavy and Creaky.

There is no clutch slip and the bite is half way through the pedal travel, thrust bearing silent.

Is 30000 on a Lupo clutch respectable ? or am I getting close to replacing ? Is there something I should be looking out for ?

Or do I just carry on and wait for something to become more evident

Great little car Ticks a lot of boxes Thanks In Advance

Jaspa

Hi I had the same problem of heavy clutch that squeaked. Took to dealer in camberley and they said it was pedal box and new clutch only £1500!!!!

I said do pedal box and the we will see about the clutch. After a lot of hassle with VW senior management it was agreed that I would pay £130 towards costs of £400 to replace pedal box which they did. Squeak went, heavy clutch went and new clutch not required!!

i think its the start of the pedal box on the way out. mines been done looking at recepits but its quite heavy and crunches slightly into reverse.

Thanks for replys I can certainly relate to the "Heavy" but visually the pedal box does look ok, it is the original so hopefully I have not got to go down that route as I said earlier I can live with it. Are Lupo Clutches Heavy any way ?

Cheers