Adam's Canica Mk2 Arosa | Sold!! BMW E30 Touring now!

Adam R4

Hi People.

Ive recently bought an Arosa. Ive posted in the new members section and ive been asked to get a post up in here so here go's!

Its a 1.0 MPI, done 30,000 miles and is too standard at the moment! huh.gif

The day i got it home.

DSC03988.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

I bought this set of G60 wheels last thursday for it, £60 for the four with good tyres and centre caps.

DSC03989.jpg

They need a rub down and a paint so thats next on my to do list.

Couldn't help try em on though!

DSC03969.jpg

I want to lower it, maybe 60mm? it would have to be on springs as coilovers are out of my price range at the moment.

DSC03976.jpg

Had a good clean up under the bonnet before too...

DSC03980.jpg

Il post some updates when i get the tyres from the rims, get them rubbed down and painted etc.

Cheers, Adam.

Edited by Adam R4

looks very clean mate! Smart example. As said they arent G60s, i think those were on the mk3 golf. Think my dads old one had those on lol.

Personally id say save up for some coilovers if you can, you can get JOMs for £200 which are actually pretty good ive found, and you can get a lot lower if you want to and youll find the handling to be a lot better from what ive heard.

looks very clean mate! Smart example. As said they arent G60s, i think those were on the mk3 golf. Think my dads old one had those on lol.

Personally id say save up for some coilovers if you can, you can get JOMs for £200 which are actually pretty good ive found, and you can get a lot lower if you want to and youll find the handling to be a lot better from what ive heard.

Oh well, G60 look -a - likes for me then! :(

And i can very much imagine that it would handle a million times better on coilovers as i have them on my rally car. But its the insurance im worried about. Coilovers will bump my cost up a fair amount wont they?

Btw im intruiged by you suzuki swift stage car that i see in the garage, fancy getting some pics up of that too? lol

Haha. all in good time my friend! Start a thread and i will get some photos up. Otherwise I will start one tomorrow night!

Adam.

Yeah they look like g60s and i still think they look good! Everyone has g60s anyway so youre being different :P Coilovers probably would bump up the insurance but get a few quotes, it depends a lot on age obviously.

Yeah start a thread for it mate! What class do you rally in?

Yeah it is really good fun.

Very late braking and trying to make the most of the speed youve made up on the straight!

It is a lot cheeper than running a car in say a 1400 class as then you would run cut slicks and obviously burn more fuel.

I think its something like £120 each for a cut slick and the tyres we run are falken and we get discount in the f1000 class and there £30 each!

Yeah it is really good fun.

Very late braking and trying to make the most of the speed youve made up on the straight!

It is a lot cheeper than running a car in say a 1400 class as then you would run cut slicks and obviously burn more fuel.

I think its something like £120 each for a cut slick and the tyres we run are falken and we get discount in the f1000 class and there £30 each!

budget motorsport FTW! haha. One day once i get outta uni ill enter in some form of budget racing. Am i right in thinking the rules allow no performance mods to the car? Just an FIA spec roll cage and harnesses etc?

Yeah. Not performance mods appart from air filters and exhausts.

Suspention is relatively free.

Brakes standard, you can run uprated pads.

Tyres - Falkens

anything is allowed inside under normal rally rules but you have to retain the dash and door panels.

Wheres this thread then! :lol:

A little update on the wheels! :D

Got the tyres pressed back from the rims, rubbed them down and then i masked them up...

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

And then painted them with a slightly dark silver.

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04057.jpg

Thats all for now. Allowing them to dry and they should be on next weekend! :)

Adam.

• Like 1

Picked it up of a small car sales group in Stockport. Not too far away really.

What sort of lupo/arosa do you dive?

I keep seeing a black lupo around the area running some 14" G60 look-a-likes like mine but in black...

• 2 weeks later...

I got the plastic outer dished rims on today! :)

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04165.jpg

Sprayed them with a couple of coats of plastic primer then used the same silver as my wheels as a top coat. Wasn't sure to go a different colour with them or not?...

I need some information on the black centre caps like these if anybody could help me out...

56dc_1.jpg

Does anybody know if they will fit in the 14" wheel? (i.e. the diameter of the centre cap as a whole.)

And ive also read that items like these can still be purchased off your local VW dealer, can anybody confirm this?

Cheers all. Adam