Dan's Chloe - Gone But Not Forgotten xx

Dan *Arosa* Fisher

Hi Guys And Girls

This is a thread all about my 2003 arosa mk2

This is her when i first bought her and where i got her from

Photo0255.jpg

Photo0254.jpg

Then i brought her home where she sat untill i passed my test and to make sure i couldn't go and drive her my dad put a sand bag in front of my car

Photo0278.jpg

Then i bought new kumo tires as the ones before where literally gone then new discs and pads as the ones before where gone then

Decided the seats needed a little up lift

Photo0274.jpg

Photo0277.jpg

Quickly decided they where rubbish so left them standard smile.gif

Then today decided to debadge the "seat" badge and the "arosa" badge

Photo0321.jpg

Photo0322.jpg

When i was finished

Photo0324.jpg

Photo0325.jpg

snow pic after its boot polish

DSCF0033.jpg

Thats pretty much all i have done to her as lack of funds but have many ideas for her.

Cheers

Dan

Edited by Dan *Arosa* Fisher

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my insurance company that i wanted to fit coilover suspesion to improve the "ride quality" of the car, they told me that they were happy to cover it as long as it didnt improve engine power, but they dont mind about induction kits either. Dont tell them u want to lower it, just that u want to stop it rolling around and that it isnt a very comfy ride, and that it doesnt improve performance, but u have to term it "coilover" suspension so as not to be breaching any misguided information things. Will find u a little aerial later

hmm my insurance is with nation wide il have a word with me pa as its well in his name but im driver on it £1500 per year thats with my dad as policy holder my mum on it and then me as a driver for it, what guts me the most is that i was looking at my dads insurance for a 1.8 Golf and it costs annualy 400 pounds i was like oh my god damnnn!

im with nfu, and unfortunately, they wont let u insure with them , lots have tried, they only like it if u have a long family history with them and insure more than just the car, e.g. house, animals etc. I was £300 per year with them on a 16v polo 6n2 when i passed my test, same before i had passed as a learner, same after. Then i had an accident, car written off, not my fault but noone else to blame, no point trying to tell the council the road surface was ****, cos they would just say they had no forewarning, even tho i rolled it at less than 30mph.

Then i wanted an equal or an upgrade on my car, so i got the sport, which is lighter with the same engine, had to travel to get it tho, north of Birmingham. Then i started paying a rate of £2700/year, then it would reduce instantly at my 20th, so then i went to pay £1800/yr premiums per month.

I wud have to ask my dad to write a letter saying its ok for work to be done on the car on his policy (if i wanted to fit coilovers), but now it is my own policy and my parents pay me to keep them as named drivers, as it is actually more expensive for me to have them as named drivers than without, about £200 difference. So if i want to fit them i just need to tell them, and tell them about anything, e.g. expensive alloys add significant value to the car, in which case, it would be a bit more, but my car is already insured for £5000 and its not worth near that, so i wont need to increase my premiums to cover relatively cheap mods.

i can just email a lady at the nfu, but with u they will give u an answer, but they will say that they want a letter from your dad to say u can do it, and then a quick inform when u actually fit them.

they wont care about the air filter, just say it is a non-standard one, never mention any words like performance or noise, just say it is an aftermarket air filtration system or summat. as fro exterior mods, depends what u think of.

very nice, im considering mudflaps for mine too, cos i think that when lowered a bit with some small rear spacers, it will be a little strange with only 6.5J wheels, so i may get flaps to obscure them till i can get some 7J starlights which i think look great on the lupo. either that or sume bathursts for the timebeing, but i need to wait for student finance cash again.

u wont wanna stretch on the current alloy, cos u will have basically have tiny amount of tread on the road and u will have less grip than normal. Just get some tyres that dont balloon.

ive got my ap coilies nxt to my bed now, but cant fit them cos of the snow at the moment, cos i have to drive to the garage to get adjustments done, and my mum and gf, will get pissed if they knew how much they cost and wud think it a complete waste of money, but they dont understand :P the car just feels **** to drive without them. I will probs have to wait till early Jan/feb time before i can come home one weekend from uni, call nfu, fit them, drive to garage, and then drive back to plym, hard to coordinate. Then i want to get the rear arb to reduce body roll further as im not lowering by much, only bout 35mm. then im done till i can get my alloys refurbed and sprayed fiat 500 cream. then just to wait till i can get starlites or bathursts. Also to be sprayed 500 cream.

dont know bout stretch/spacers, im sure nfu wud be fine but i havent asked.

whitealloysandapdecal.jpg

This is what i wish for it to look like.

U wanna try shopping on a set of bathurst in that same colour first?

then if u can find a decent enough donor img, try starlights.

what engine u got? 1.0 or 1.4? if 1.0 dont bother with a filter unless u want a bit mroe noise, prioritse coilies first, or get some eiback springs, to lower only by a bit if money stays short, maybe u, like me couldnt bear the embaressment of being stuck on a speedbump but want the car to look as it should have looked when it left the factory. Sum ppol like OEM+ i like OEM true original, basically as the designers would have wanted it, not as the ppol at the top decided.

maybe just ge a cheapy cone filter and a few pipes, may come to about £60 with all the connectors etc, u may have to take the cover off to fit it anyway, im not sure how a 1.0 is laid out.

will be silent as norm till u open the throttle, then u hear it. it isnt constant noise like a stupid exhaust.