INFO PLZ...VW Cup Holders...

StevesLupoS

Was in my mates MK4 golf yesterday, noticed his car has 1 large cup holder cover with 2 holders when it pops out, as you know our lupos have 1 small cover and when pushed 1 cup holder pops out, does anyone know if the 1 large cup holder from the golf would fit into the lupo if i removed my current single holder and the blank beside it or is this too simple and their different sizes altogether lol

Dont think i can explain that any better :lol:

Steven...

Edited by StevesLupoS

Do you mean you have one cup older and one coin tray? Like this...

cup_holder_500.jpg

This had 2 cupholders.

If so, you can remove the coin tray and replace it with another cupholder. Not sure if the MK4 Golf one will fit, but have never seen any fitted.

DIN ones come from a Polo and the underdash from the Lupo GTI

The double holder from the gti is one single cassette type mechanism so I should think if the mk4 one is a similar mechanism and the fitment in a non-gti is the same as a gti then it should fit.

@Silver...yeah mate see in your car you have the 2 cup holders, the open one on the left and the other on the right, my car has a blanking cover on the left (where the glass is in your pic) where an extra cup holder could be fitted and the factory fit cup holder on the right, if i could get an extra holder it would do the job i suppose (an extra holder would probably never be used, i just like loads of OEM extras lol)...

But what id love to know is if i remove the blank cover on the left and my current cup holder on the right could i be able to fit a double cup holder from a MK4 into the empty slot, see pic below...

DSC_1906-1.jpg

Is this larger or smaller than the cup holders in the Lupo ? ? ? Has anyone else carried out or ever thought of this mod ? ? ?

Steven...

Edited by StevesLupoS

• 2 years later...

I had a cup holder + coin tray, but it's a pre under dash one so slotted in the DIN. Doesn't seem to be any scope for retro fitting under dash one either. Damn!

I've actually been testing out cup holders that clip into vents. You'd be surprised how tough they are. Yet, you still never quite trust them.