NOCK

Mods so far:

Sony S300BTX Head Unit.

Red Grill Piping.

BBS RX214 16" X 7J Wheels.

Flip Key.

Polo 9N Rear Wiper conversion.

To come when funds permit:

Lows, probably only about 30-40mm though.

Cambridge Rear Lights.

2 sets of Rainbow CMX 465 Extreme Components, powered by an iPaul 4.300.

New interior, possibly MK5 tartan.

Carbon vinyl wrapped B pillars.

JanSpeed CatBack exhaust.

If I win the lottery, BAM conversion.

Well, after nearly 4 whole years of 1.4S ownership I took the plunge and bought a GTI. Love it. I never bothered with modifying the old one (apart from a little bit of audio), however I'll probably do a few little bits to the new one-we'll see. I hope that my GTI ownership will be as joyous and problem-free as my 1.4S ownership was. Wheels could do with a refurb, but apart from that I reckon it's in pretty good nick. Couple of pics for now.

IMG_3898plateblanked.jpg

IMG_390plateblanked.jpg

And one with it's sister:

IMG_3897plateblanked.jpg

Edited by NOCK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: raven blue.

Thanks, my favourite colour too :)

Bang tidy!

Thanks mate.

Looks nice. Its good to here another GTI joining the forum

Thanks. The previous owner had it from new and I don't think that he was a member on here, so yeah I've added one to the forum :)

just wondered as I know one being sold with that reg and same colour.. not most common colour so just havin a guess :$

Fair enough. I bought the car about 2 weeks ago now, just taken me a while to create my first ever readers ride thread.

Very nice.

The best colour :shades:

Dont let Silver! tell you different.

Thanks!

Haha don't worry, I won't. If my car looks half as good as yours I'll be pleased! Need to learn how to clean it really well so that it's properly shiny.

Edited by NOCK

• 5 months later...

Thanks Marcus.

Quick update. I bought another set of Bathursts off of Mat.m. with the intention of painting them a crazy colour, however I then saw some other wheels and bought those as well. With a bit of luck, the new wheels will be going on the car in the next couple of days (as soon as the tyres arrive and I can get them fitted).

As I will then have a spare set of Bathursts in the loft and the wheels that are on my car, I'll be selling the wheels that are currently on the car. I'll do a proper 'for sale' advert once I've got the wheels off the car and cleaned them up. In case anyone is looking for some, they could do with a refurb and will come with 4 MOT passable tyres (as it passed a couple of weeks ago). The front two are 205/45/15 Toyo T1-R's and the rear two are Dunlop SP2000's, also in 205/45/15 flavour. The rears could do with changing, but as I said before are currently legal. If you're interested, PM me or keep your eyes peeled in the 'For Sale' section :)

Edited by NOCK

COMPLETE ROD..... ive gotta get one of these in my life. perfect colour......have so many pans for one too :blush:

Thanks mate, although, if that's your car in your sig (?) then yours is absolutely lush!

New shoes:

IMG_3969_resized.jpg

IMG_3976_resized.jpg

I know what the feedback is going to be already, and when funds permit, yes...I will be lowering it. :)

Although I think about 30mm will be enough, maybe 40?

Edited by NOCK

Wheels look really good I think.. (Are they RX's? Sorry, I don't know my wheels :S)

Like you say though a bit of a drop would certainly do some good :lol:

They sure are, BBS RX214's. It will be lowered slightly when funds permit. I wanted to put a smiley face here but, for the first time in my life got an error message of:

"You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" lol.

hah yea it is mine :D

thanks dude :D

swaps???? :) need a GTI in my lifeeeee :D

:lol: as gorgeous as your car is, I'm afraid I have to say no. Sorry. :lol:

I'm surprised you aren't having nose bleeds at that height NOCK!

:lol:

:lol: It's amazing how much of a difference one inch can make isn't it! :paperbag:

Edited by NOCK

40/30mm AP kit!

Looks bob on you've prob seen my motor

Yeah, to be honest, I thought of you when I wrote about 30mm as I know you've said it on here and I reckon you're right.

I'm not sure that I actually like the new wheels and am considering selling them on. Bit of an idiot really as I've just spent £160 on two new tyres for them. Not sure what to do :(

Edited by NOCK

When lowered the picture will be complete

I can see how it will look when lowered and I think it will look good.

However, this may be in my head but...I feel as though the car is slower with these wheels than when it was on the standard bathursts, am I mad?

Yes and no............As long as the tyres are 195/40/16, you will have the same rolling radius as the original 15s..............but then the 16s have extra alloy material, which equals extra weight which then would increase the demand on power to spin the wheel to get you moving, so slightly slowing you..........unless you invest in light weight racing rims to compensate for the larger size.

Hope I have not lost you.