Jake's Yellow 1.4E - Interesting update this week 11/01/12

jabbles21

Picking up my 1999 T reg yellow 1.4E tomorrow!

Here's a snap from the viewing, it's standard (for the time being) so it's only in Member's cars for pride smile.gif

It's a 1999 1.4E, it's done 53,000 miles. Full VW Dealership service history, 12 months MOT,(I need to get some Tax at the end of the month).

Lupo.jpg

I've got a Clarion head unit to put in her, plus it'll need a clean after the journey back in it, so that'll keep me busy smile.gif

Hope you like it! Thanks, Gilly.

Edited by jabbles21

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£1200 with FSH and 50K on the clock.... BARGAINNNN!!! Youve got a good deal there mate! Get cracking on the work and dont forget to post the updates on here ;) Lookin good

So here it is at the bottom of the drive, drove it for the first time today as my dad covered insurance for me! Managed to get it for around £1700 on my own policy fully comp!

LupoPics.jpg

Just put in an air freshener etc. So nothing to report as of yet. However I should be getting the head unit in tomorrow B)

I didn't realise it would be as quick as it is. Put my foot down in third and off it went!

Glad to finally have my own Loop to talk about ;)

Cheers, Gilly.

Well, I went to add my first mod to the lupo today with the help of a colleague.

I put my headunit in with no problems, all connected up fine, fit fine, worked fine until I tried to use a CD rather than the radio or ipod. The headunit just refused to slurp in whatever disk I had to offer and just clicked instead, I could tell it was trying to slurp it up but it just wouldnt! So I'm having to send it back! :(

So instead I modded my key :)

Lupokey.jpg

Looks a bit messy as I rushed it, I just used some yellow touch up paint to match the car. I need to do another layer and then lacquer it or it won't last long!

Hope it seems original enough :)

Cheers, Gilly.

Decided to to my first little bit of work to the Lupo! Here are some phone snaps for the time being :)

Prepped badge..

Badge.jpg

Primer..

PrimerBadge.jpg

A mate doing a layer of satin black..

LupoBadge.jpg

Final coat of satin black..

Blackcoat.jpg

Final coat of Yellow on the badge inner..

Yellowbadgehousing.jpg

Just waiting for the rest to dry! :coffee:

Cheers, Gilly.

• 3 months later...

I come from tton too, when do u have your driving test? im back in tton from plymouth usually on uni hols, but maybe more over the next month or so as my gf is in somerton for a while.

Where abouts in tton are you from?

Edited by BEP51

Hiya mate. Driving test soon! I had 2 cancelled cos of the snow we had! :angry2:

Are you at plymouth Uni cos I just got an offer from there! To go in september! :)

I'm in Sherford/Wilton. Pretty near town. And yourself? Loop's looking good dude!

Jake.

Vivary area then, yeah i live nr Kingston st Mary, in Pickney. Plym Uni is good, im in second year now, just organising nxt years accommodation atm. Shame bout the cancellations, u takin the test in the lupo or instructors car?

Ahh I know there! Not too far. Theres me and another good mate of mine on here. He's from around here too. What are you doing there? I should hope to see you there next year as long as I get the grades. Yeah I know it is mate, the first time it wasn't even bad! :( It'll be in the instructors car as mine sometimes cuts out under braking so it's a bit of a risk :P

Jake.

dont worry if u stall a few times, dont let that knock confidence, as long as u dont do it consistently, they wont even put it as a minor, and be patient at the first junction onto bindon rd, u always have to wait ages for a safe spot.

Im studying architecture, but plym is good in general, im not much one for going out, the real ale and pool option is always the best bet imo lol.

Few loops in plym, doubt u can bring yours down if u get halls, but if u r in rented, u shud be able to get on-rd parking reasonably, bout £25ish a yr.

Darkstryder360 is the only proper modded Loop ive seen, but there are a few more. U mainly see OAP standard ones, but they are easy to spot as they nvr have alloys. When is nxt test due?

Ahh I know there! Not too far. Theres me and another good mate of mine on here. He's from around here too. What are you doing there? I should hope to see you there next year as long as I get the grades. Yeah I know it is mate, the first time it wasn't even bad! :( It'll be in the instructors car as mine sometimes cuts out under braking so it's a bit of a risk :P

Jake.

All i can say is that i'm hoping this is me... :shades:

Nah I'm not too worried about it. I'm a good enough driver, I just need to make sure I drive well on the day! I can't say when it is, but i'll let you know :ph34r:

Yeah I asked him about Plymouth Uni the other day and he said to chat to you! Didn't realise you were from down here! Yeah most of them round here are standard. Theres a nice GTI but the driver is rarely on here, and I saw a modded sport earlier. Plus my mate (Yes Newnesie you, you sweetheart).

Jake.

VW meet on 23rd Jan this month, have a look on swdubs to find the thread. Down at Budleigh, if you can find someone happy to sit next to you, you could A38 down, (no motorways yet lol) should be a few lupo's some standard too i believe.

VW meet on 23rd Jan this month, have a look on swdubs to find the thread. Down at Budleigh, if you can find someone happy to sit next to you, you could A38 down, (no motorways yet lol) should be a few lupo's some standard too i believe.

We're both already on the list mate, username on there is TomNewnes, Jake will probs come with me? That was the plan, and go with the Taunton convoy B)

KK, c u there, i will be going up via plym convoy, will meet u there. What version lupo u have Newnesie? any mods? u both at college (huish/scat)? will let u know if im back in tton for a day or so, maybe meet up to take some pics, everybody loves pics lol. I was at Taunton School for a few years then Huish for sixth form.