Crusoe's E46 M3

Crusoe

4473284062_c0816e2ee6_b.jpg

4472504297_fb4e5a449e_b.jpg

4473281712_3cf9f6e409_b.jpg

q4fjBS14.jpg

Big chunk of black german coupe with a sprinkle of track nutter :) ride is very comfy and copes well with the roads in the state they are just now (18s rather than the larger 19s being the driver's choice and finding plenty of grip). Gunmetal powder coated wheels with drilled discs all round and stops as fast as it goes. Adjustable side bolsters and lumber on the electric seats really grip you in place and it corners on rails unless you are being lead footed. Averaged 34mpg on a long run with cruise control and a 27mpg average over all so far with some hooning is better than I thought it would be. Had A new Alternator, brakes, tyres, auxiliary belts, diff seals, front and rear bushes and a few other bits and pieces replaced and the full inspection two service before I bought so it shouldn't cost much to run other than fuel for a few years.

Nice and subtle so most people don't give it a second look till they hear it :D first car I've had that will set off car alarms as you drive past hehe. Can do sensible and calm cruising too though and leave it in a higher gear and it is a relaxing place to cover distance at medium pace.

Spent a long time finding the perfect spec with a black and dechromed 2003 car with less than 50k miles that had the M front strut brace and bi-xenon lights, the fully adjustable seats, sunroof and a manual gearbox. Road tax only £210 and insurance with the tracker only £800 a year. Maybe update the front with some carbon front grills to replace the chrome next but the engine and exhaust don't need any playing with, though those carbon induction kits from the CSL do sound great...

Edited by Crusoe

• 10 months later...

MOT time, new rear springs, trailing arm bushes, brake lines, suspension top mounts, replaced the faulty CD changer in the boot, windscreen wiper arms and blades plus a oil service. Total bill £278, approved used with MOT insurance always a good idea. :)

Averaged 26.2mpg over the year and in 8k miles the only costs were above. Another 8500 miles to the next oil change service (didn't need to do this one but rather have it changed than wait two years) though I will probably spend the £900 or so extending the warranty.