Sam's Lupo

HAIRBear

My cars been spread over a load of random threads everytime i did something or took a few new photos but just wanted to start a proper thread to keep adding to (plus im really really bored lol) so just a quick run through of what ive put it through between buying and now lol ...Bought the car looking like this around a year ago:

LUPO4.jpg

then melonman kindly lent me his gti wheels which improved it one hell of a lot in my opinion!

samg4.jpg

samg3.jpg

grew less fond od the side skirts daily. They sat a bit lower than the rest of the body work and drove me crazy, i liked them front the front but really didnt like them from the back, so they had to come off...

P1724_05-08-09.jpg

loved it like this...but got a tad carried away at the concept of coilovers and just kept winding them down. school boy error. The front was far too low tbh, the rims were so far in the arches i could barely turn the wheel and a 3 point turn turned into a 20 point turn.

P172401_05-08-09.jpg

being a skint student not a lot happened for a while but i was on the look out for some nicee freshhh rims... also picked up some porsche seats...

seats.jpg

these sat around in my front room for monthss as i didnt think i could afford to get them fitted...but turns out they only cost me 120 including electrics all up and running lol so a bit gutted i didnt get them in any sooner!

and the rims...

P195601_12-08-09.jpg

Mattig steels 13x8 et 10(ish) £280 of paint/labour later and they looked like this...

P1140_03-09-09.jpg

lowpoo.jpgP1912_03-09-09.jpg

and not to forget the gash on the dash lol:

P195303_17-09-09.jpg

Dash2.jpg

think this will be coming off soon though for something a little smarter. Ive also polished up the rocker cover and painted the engine cover......WHITE believe it or not haha

most recent pic:

tolgatelupo.jpg

Porsche seats are now in so i will try get some pics of them later today electrics arnt working on the drivers side so the guy is going to make up a whole new system and make some switches to go onto the blank spaces for alarms ect infront of the gear stick...which should be coool! smile.gif

next on the to do list:

- perfect all the body work

- front number plate recess smoothed in

-smaller number plate on the rear and smaller number plate recess to match

-looking into a boot build inc double din HU

-retrim the front seats and door cards ect

-suede dash would be nice.

-try get the back down a tad further

Edited by HAIRBear

ah yeah i was parked up next to you smile.gif looks smart!

cheers rich, i want a way to get a better finish with the dash because its starting to look a bit dodgy after the heaters got to it i suppose

Edited by HAIRBear

This car looks mighty fresh/ Fresco is an awesome color/ Enhanced nicely by the white bits and cream bra

good work mate

Edited by Jowey

cheerrs :D ..yeah i have a few ideas up my sleeve for the dash.

arghh i hate insurance companies soo much! they keep cocking up my policy.

Any-one know how much a gti rear bumper costs or if theres a second hand one about?

i have no centre caps on my steelies ...so the hub centre bit is showing and had ****ty red paint on them ...so ive sanded it down like i did with the rocker cover and got a really good finish on it...but now its starting to rust lol ...can anyone reccomend any protectant stufff?

also the front two dont have these hub caps at all ...anyone know the part number for them?

cheers!

Edited by HAIRBear