3rd time lucky

Mitchell

in 2005 i bought a little yellow lupo as a run around while i fitted a polo gti motor into a mk1 golf it all spiralled out of control as soon as i handed my money over :rolleyes: as they allway's do anyway i had a massive 23 page thread on this build until it all went wrong, since then i have went from lupo to lupo with the idea to make one of them the next show car but all along the 1st one sat in the garage and i did'nt have a clue what to do with it, i started stuff then got sidelined by another car and 3 more loops followed with a few more cars aswell, anyway i have decided enough it's sat long enough and over winter i am going to fully rebuild it.

i am going to trawl photobucket for pics of the car from purchase and through the many look's it's had. bare with me. :lol:

then 3 weeks after completion and day before feature :(

whilst parked up at a shopping centre the car had an electrical fire around the fuel rail area this cracked the screen and melted the laminate, looks bad but really just cosmetic stuff bonnet melted /engine harness /cover anyway insured correctly and the inspector came out and said that they did not have a bodyshop that would take on the car so agreed cash in lieu of repair ,so i get the cash and repair it myself, so cash came and i spanked it all on the engine :lol::)

Edited by Mitchell

so everything out and this is where i decided to go all out in the engine bay with deleted engine mounts and undermounting along with fabricating a new cradle and front cradle, rain tray removed ,heaters removed,all brackets etc gone.

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

engine in with no visible upper mounting and lots of space.

DSC00650.jpg

buy sheets of 0.8mm steel and box weld all the chassis leg's and skim, weld up entire bulk head and remove rain tray

and heater inlets

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

at this point i got really lost as to what i wanted in the car so i left it for probably close to 2 year, had a few lupo's along the way and a few other thing's, i built the engine and put it into my latest lupo

Good luck mitch

Never got to see your lupo so really looking forward to seeing it in the future ;)

Looks stunning in the pictures and its such a shame about the fire :(

Ryan.

Whatever, the whole thread is a lie and you're gettin a Rover 75

:P

The money and time you've spent without going insane when things dont go right, is beyond my resoning. I would of lost my rag long before now, and cried alot. So I admire you for that, amongst other things.

And bagsy first passenger ride, or else!

How weird. I was looking through some old photos on my Laptop and I found that one that you posted going back from a show. With the roof rack and that on. Found some other ones to from down your old unit but I can't remember where they are now.